New from Hawaii - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

New from Hawaii

Looks like a cool forum...About to get a 2005 250, just waiting for the guy to replace the blinker and get the safety inspection done. Im getting a killer deal on it. $2100, 3800 miles, super clean and meticulously maintained. Just went over there the other day to finally check it out. He let his friend use it for a weekand the guy ended up putting 2 small scuffs on the front fender and upper fairing on the left side, as well as breaking the left blinker. He called me back the day his friend bought it back and described it to me, which bummed me out a little, then when I saw it I realized it was so minor I didnt even care. Especially since hes renewing the registration and safety before I buy it. I owned a 500ex before this and loved that thing - would like to get at least a 500 again but my current condo has a gate on the back patio that i would like to be able to fit it through, and the 250 is the only one that will fit. Plus my girl wants to learn how to ride, and its going to be used mostly for a commuter and a bike to learn how to wrench on. Anyway, good to be here!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ninja.jpg (11.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 500ex.jpg (64.5 KB, 2 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 05:52 PM

Welcome! I am new here also. Let us know how things turn out once you have possession.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

The guy flaked out on me..Well, you can look at it from both sides. When I went to see the bike he said hes just waiting for the new blinker to come in the mail - so I told him done deal, soon as youre done im coming to pick it up. Some days later he tells me someone left him a deposit and hes selling it to them now. Im like seriously a deposit? are you a car dealership? This is craigslist! Anyway, unless the other guy backs out of the deal within the next week, im not getting it! There is a zx9 im trying to get info on, but the guys not answering his phone. Back to square 1!! Been looking for 4-5 months now and still cant find something out here on this island!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2012, 05:19 PM

Sorry to hear that, I have been looking for a bike for almost year now ... keep trekking.

Yours Truly,
NefRider!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2012, 12:40 AM Thread Starter

A year huh? thats rough! I almost wish I was still in seattle shopping for one...I found my 500ex in like a few weeks - and the only reason why it took that long was cause i had to make up my mind between 3 others.

But yea its definitely rough over here - My good friend and another co-worker told me they just had guys flake out on them too. People over here are just bad salesmen. One guy I was going to buy another bike from a while ago could not, for the life of him, just tell me 3 things in an email - 1) is safety current 2)is registration current 3) any problems..All he could say was uhhh paperwork good to go, selling as-is. Then goes on to add to his craigslist ad "TOO MANY WANNABES CHICKEN OUT BECAUSE OF OLD LADIES DONT BOTHER TO REPLY" in those exact words. wtf does that even mean! get it together Hawaii!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2012, 02:58 PM

Lol, wow ... Now that is a reply to remember. I believe that individual is ghetto-fabulous and it best you didn't deal with him. When I am searching n reading through the CL ads I do judge how the ad is written. If I get a vibe of ghetto I past it on. Could be apes for me, but I rather keep looking. I wanna believe what I am buying has been well kept!

Yours Truly,
NefRider!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2012, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

lol..Whats funny too is I looked up the name on the email, cause it looked familiar, and found that he is the owner of a local custom auto glass shop. I even told him over email that I hope he doesnt call his customers chickens or wannabes when they come into his glass shop and ask him questions. You figure he would have a little more sense of customer service.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-05-2012, 11:05 AM

Are you serious ... a dealer. Now that is crazy! He might not refer customer to chickens or wannabes, but he might call them dogz and hoes.

Yours Truly,
NefRider!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement