Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250r Hole in Airfilter

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Kaw250 
#1 ·
Hi, my project Kawasaki 250r that i've been working on, well it used to die out, someone suggested to clean the fuel petcock, i did that and cleaned the carbs, so it ran fine but eventually after 10min or so it died out ... and was completely bogged. would not rev consistently when it fired. It sat for about a week and as i came back i decided to get it an aftermarket fuel filter to see if it would run smoothly .... the install went fine (& i checked if gasoline would flow through). After several attempts of cranking my bike, smoke came from the airbox. I had the seat off so i could tender the batt. and i saw smoke from there. It turns out i blew a greasy hole through the air filter. i have a new filter but it now but i wont cranck it over as much now. But what does it mean when that happens with your air filter? Are my carbs out of sync? P.s I will probably clean the carbs now while i wait for advice

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.