Pirelli Sport Demon review - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

Pirelli Sport Demon review

This review is about the Sport Demons tires. Right now I'm still scrubbing the tires. I will do 3 reviews and update my post every 50-100 miles that I put on the tires until it hits 300 miles.

My first 100 miles sucked, the tires were slick, so any kind of leaning would cause it to slide. I took my bike at a big parking-lot to make circles. It helps if you wash the oil out of the tires before riding. I will tell you one thing,from the start it's a lot better than my previous tires that the owner mounted. The P.O. put 120/150 on a little ninja can you believe that?

This is a picture of the Pirelli Sport Demon tires, I got about 1/2 inch chicken strips front and back. I'm not gonna do any kind of leaning until the tires are fully scrubbed.It's still slips. Thank you for reading Everyone.

1. SLK 230K AMG SPORT
2. VW RABBIT 2.5
3. 08 Ninja 250R Track Prepared

Last edited by BoBo; 02-16-2014 at 09:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBo View Post
...The P.O. put 120/150 on a little ninja can you believe that?

Yeap. Quite a few Ninja 250 owners have done it.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 06:17 PM

im gettting a rosso 2 set tomorrow, soo stoked

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Local Forum Asshole!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe81 View Post
im gettting a rosso 2 set tomorrow, soo stoked
Yeah, I hear those tires are suppose to be amazing, but I haven't experienced them yet. I was going to buy those but I needed some tire life.Maybe next time I buy tires, I will try it out. You should post a review on it.

1. SLK 230K AMG SPORT
2. VW RABBIT 2.5
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBlue1 View Post
Yeap. Quite a few Ninja 250 owners have done it.
I'm assuming for the looks.

1. SLK 230K AMG SPORT
2. VW RABBIT 2.5
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 12:45 AM

yeah i'll post up pix and a review today

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Local Forum Asshole!!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 06:07 AM

Quote:
I'm assuming for the looks.
Most probably did. I went up a size to see if handling and stability changed dramatically as everyone (who never had a larger set of tires) said it would. Personally I found the stability and handling slightly improved for the type of riding I do.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Most probably did. I went up a size to see if handling and stability changed dramatically as everyone (who never had a larger set of tires) said it would. Personally I found the stability and handling slightly improved for the type of riding I do.
Do you do long any commutes? I remember the wide tires being a bit more stable in the straights but harder to lean at high speeds. The previous tires I had was the "Hookup Tires" shinko 003 I think. Where the rubber was softer in the middle for drag but harder on the sides, which is bad for leaning.

1. SLK 230K AMG SPORT
2. VW RABBIT 2.5
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Do you do long any commutes? I remember the wide tires being a bit more stable in the straights but harder to lean at high speeds.
I do mostly long distance trips on a mix of roads (twisty and straights). I love the stability of the bike on both. Definitely more confident when leaned over. The bike handles similar to a bigger bike but with much less power. Even though it's not as quick to go over, a slight adjustment of the riding style fixes that quickly.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I do mostly long distance trips on a mix of roads (twisty and straights). I love the stability of the bike on both. Definitely more confident when leaned over. The bike handles similar to a bigger bike but with much less power. Even though it's not as quick to go over, a slight adjustment of the riding style fixes that quickly.
When I had the 120/150, It felt similar to oem tire size in low speed turns.But about, 70+ I had to adjust, by using my body weight more at high-speed turns to help lean the bike more, kind of tiring when doing 60-100 miles runs. One thing I hated about having the 120/150 is the time it took for the tires to heat up,but again the straight line stability is nice, specially if the roads are rough.I'm still adjusting to the lighter feel of the bike though.

My next set would probably be a 110/140, I'm interested to see how that feels. I will probably pick the Pirelli Diablo Rosso or BT-003. For some reason it cheaper than the sport demons or BT-45, I'm assuming the average person wants more tire life, so they jack up the price on the sport touring tires with more life. I head the BT-003 last only 3-4k.

1. SLK 230K AMG SPORT
2. VW RABBIT 2.5

Last edited by BoBo; 02-14-2014 at 09:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement