Exhaust...again - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-10-2014, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

Exhaust...again

I'm sure everyone is asking about exhaust. I already have asked maybe 1,000 questions. But I have done my research. I have searched every exhaust and waded the pros and the cons. I liked Hotbodies MGP, Yoshimura TRC and Leo Vince Corsa GP. They are all good exhausts. Hotbodies is a little chest but seems to be the loudest. Leo and Yoshi are about the same, but the Yoshi is $200 more.
My question is does anyone have a Leo Vince? I have not seen them in person. I will probably get the Leo Vince Corsa GP for a number of reasons. I would like to see if anyone has one that they can give me there feed back about how they like it.
Thanks guys.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 06:08 PM

since i work on bikes and in a college town there are about a million ninja 250/300's running around all with slip ons and our number one seller is the leo vince. too loud for me without the silencer ring but for the price, i think we sell them for like $150 or so.

i modded a ninja 300 stock muffler and hollowed out the rear chamber and it has a unique sound that no other slip on iv'e herd, i tried to load pics but kept getting invalid file from my digi camera.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-28-2014, 03:47 PM

Just purchased a new 2012 Ninja 250 and will be installing a full system exhaust, either Yoshimura or Leo Vince. I have Leo Vince canisters on my Ducati which I think are very well made. Check out this video which shows the stock exhaust vs. a Leo Vince full system on the Ninja 250 including dyno runs -

Last edited by blr250; 03-28-2014 at 04:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014, 06:26 PM

i have a custom slip on that sounds amazing but lost some bottom end torque and the noise was too much for a highway run, ive seen those videos and think there is much to be said.

a full system will require a re jet for sure but your mileage will go down. most slip on's that i've installed require shimming the needles to get the "bogg" out of the throttle.

im currently building another ninja 250 with an aftermarket air filter, jet kit and full exhaust.

im not looking for power, just better throttle response. i think that is a big issue most people have with the bike, like me, they aren't looking for power numbers, just better performance as far as throttle response goes. if i want power i'll get on my ninja 1000.....again, just trying to get better/snappier throttle response and we'll see what happens.

i know of a similar product like a power commander that will/suppose to enhance throttle response. there is one ninja 250 running around town that i can tell is heavily modded due to the crisp throttle response and sound that bike makes when it goes down the road in front of the shop.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-25-2014, 11:48 AM

Hey I have a Leo Vince Corsa GP on my bike and I love It. Here's a video of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYrPw_48IMw
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-23-2015, 02:37 PM

very interesting information, thank you guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement