Volar Pads - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-31-2014, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

Volar Pads

This is a review for the Volar Carbon Kevlar pads from D2Moto for my ninja 250R. Install was a breeze , front brakes was a bit tight for the first 10 miles of riding, after that it felt normal. I haven't taken the bike to the canyons yet.However, the friction on the pads felt good. I wasn't expecting that kind of friction for about $14 shipped. I had to buy these cheap pads for the meantime due to college tuition bills. But now, I have no regrets. For $14, I get front and back pads, what a deal. And the friction bite was similar to my previous pads, which is EBC. I know that EBC might be more resistant to brake fade, but man what a deal.

1. SLK 230K AMG SPORT
2. VW RABBIT 2.5
3. 08 Ninja 250R Track Prepared
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 10:21 PM

That is a good deal. I had an incident happen with a volar chain bought off of ebay about a year ago. Brand new chain and it wore down in a couple hundred miles. I think it would've either locked up or broken off had I ridden it just a few more miles. Never buying a volar chain ever again. Brake pads are something I don't mind going fairly cheap on though.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 10:54 PM Thread Starter

My friend had the same issue on Volar chain going out to soon. I will go oem or renthal when it comes to chains & sprocket. I was suppose to buy Galfer pads but I had to wait 2 weeks to save up for it, and I'm not about to do that and not ride my bike for that long.

I just bought some sport demon tires yesterday, hopefully when I get them installed I could do a quick review on them.

1. SLK 230K AMG SPORT
2. VW RABBIT 2.5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-2014, 10:07 AM

I bought an RK racing chain for $75. Expensive, but I learned my lesson when I went cheap. I replaced the sprockets with JT sprockets (15t front).

I've got a sport demon on the front and a Pirelli Diablo Scooter tire on the back. I'd recommend both, but Sport Demons are going to take longer to wear down. I'll definitely order a full set when I wear both of my tires out. Diablo's are a great budget tire though.

Also, if you're thinking of getting stainless steel brake lines, I'd recommend Venhill. Galfer's a great brand, but I bought Venhill and it's been awesome. Only bought it for the front though.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-2014, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

Yeah it makes sense just to get the front braided lines, no one really uses the back as much.70% of the braking is in the front. It's been raining crazy today and the next 4 days, no fun ride. I wanted to try RK as well, I heard they were good. I will checkout the Venhill, I never heard of it. The ninja 300 are looking good.

1. SLK 230K AMG SPORT
2. VW RABBIT 2.5
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-07-2014, 10:20 AM

RK is highly recommended. If you do the regular cleaning and lubing of the chain every 600 miles (more or less) then RK chains should pretty much last forever.

Honestly, I don't do the lubing and cleaning as often as 600 miles and this thing still feels and looks brand new.

Venhill is a British company that has just started vending in the US over the past couple of years. I saw them on Ebay and then looked them up and saw some good reviews. Again, Galfer may be better and I saw a lot more review. One thing I liked about Venhill is their variety of colors. Their customer service was also pretty spectacular. They sent me the wrong banjo bolt and didn't make me return it, instead they sent one expedited to me and I got it within a couple of days at no charge.

So I'd also recommend that if you buy from Venhill that you buy directly from them. They have their own ebay store and that's where I bought from.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-08-2014, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the tip man, I ordered the "lime green" front lines from Venhill..or should I say Team Green LoL. It will match my front wheels and Monster claw scratch sticker. I wish I had the money for the back lines. I'm might have to wait a while to install it since school is keeping me busy.

1. SLK 230K AMG SPORT
2. VW RABBIT 2.5
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-08-2014, 03:15 PM

Nice! Let me know how it works out. The install's pretty easy once you figure out the process.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-2014, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

For sure, I use to be a mechanic and bike lines are a bit easier than cars. In addition, I am also waiting for my speedbleeders to arrive next week. I gotta say, I'm a bit stoked that my bike is cheaper to modify than my car.

1. SLK 230K AMG SPORT
2. VW RABBIT 2.5
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-2014, 06:58 PM

Lol yeah it's a lot cheaper. I haven't done any mods to my truck except for some cosmetic stuff but nothing major. Doing that stuff was about as expensive as all my bike mods put together

Sponsored Links
Advertisement