Worth Modding? - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down Worth Modding?

I have a 2008 Ninja 250r and was considering a few mods. I'm just wondering if y'all think it would be worth the time and money, also want to increase resale value.. Here's a few of the things I'm considering:
- rejetting and adding a slip-on exhaust
(any suggestions on what exhaust would be helpful)
- installing a fender eliminator and buying the seat cowl
- maybe some LED lights
- any other ideas that wont kill my wallet??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 10:07 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to anxient Deviant
there are alot of people out there that will talk smack about people modding their 250s.. but you have to think about it as well... are you doing it to make your bike look better? or are you trying to improve performance... ill tell you one thing.. trying to improve performance of your 250 is pointless... if you want performance... why get a 250? if you are doing a cosmetic job then by all means do it! take care of your baby and show her off. honestly i have seen alot of exhausts for the ninjas from 2 bros to yoshimura and Pdk... performance wise.. bleh but honestly... they all sound the same... and almost look the same... its its up to you how much you want to spend for them.. they average about the same price.. LED's will be awesome! and im thinking of redoing the cheap dash that kawi put on to a koso Rx-2N and adding a temp guage and batt guage as well

2011 white/ebony Ninja 250R
2001 black/yellow gixxer 600

"The world would be a better place if everyone drove a motorcycle"
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 10:15 AM

I will add a different view to modifying your 250 and that is to make the mods that will make it a better machine. Improve things like adding SS brake lines and upgrading your brake pads and spooning on stickier rubber will have you making faster and safer stops and increase your lean angle allowing you to ride circles around larger displacement bikes. Having your seat refoamed for more comfort allows you to concentrate on the ever changing road conditions or maybe that idiot texting in the next car over and not on your ass as you rack up the miles on longer journeys. Some larger riders may want to experiment with different shaped handlebars for even more control over your bike and yes, there are quite a few mods you can do to your 250's engine to make it breath more freely, like airbox mods, exhaust notes, and re-jetting your carb's. If your so inclined as to want to add higher compression pistons and hotter cams, the sky's the limit when it comes to these bikes.
I wouldn't do anything to it but pay the notes on it if your thinking about resale value already as every mile you clock up goes to depreciate it and most used buyers aren't looking for raced bikes. Just ride that rascal, keeping the maintenance up to date and most of all, enjoy it. It was designed to bring pleasure to those who know what they want in a small displacement motorbike. And that is where the Kawi 250R shines.

-JDubya
SC Lowcountry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 12:16 PM

Well I just got mine and got a Devil (RIP) exhaust on it. But I was gonna run some LEDs along the bottom but also consider gettin some HIDs on it. Costs about 100 I think but I'd say it's worth it. It's gonna look sick. Do whatever it takes to get some respect for our 250Rs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement