My ninja 250 is having headlight problems. HELPPPPP! PLEASE! - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy My ninja 250 is having headlight problems. HELPPPPP! PLEASE!

Alright guys I need help. I have an 09 kawasaki ninja 250r and im having a headlight problem. At night when I get on the freeway, I go 70MPH and when I hit a small bump in the road, my headlight shuts off. To get my headlight to turn back on, I make a stop somewhere and when i downshift and brake a little, my lights turn back on. but as soon as i hit another bump, my lights go off again. this is dangerous for the freeway at night so pleasssse someone help me with any info that you have. I'm trying to fix this problem myself to save money but if i need professional help, let me know. thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2013, 04:46 AM

Did you check your connectors? Housing wiring look ok? Maybe it's a loose bulb?

2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - special edition
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2013, 08:34 AM

Your headlight is controlled by the ignition switch and doesn't come on until the engine has fired. You'll need to check connections pertaining to this system.

Do you know if the tail light is shutting down when the headlight goes off or is it the headlight only? Do you loose dash light illumination? Have you noticed if the headlight or dash lights flicker while you're riding?

Has this bike had any electrical modifications done to it such as after market lighting mods? Has this bike been in an accident?

Your problem could be as simple as a bad ground or a pinched wire somewhere.

Come and play.. Come and play...
Forget about the movement...!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2013, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakdawg View Post
Your headlight is controlled by the ignition switch and doesn't come on until the engine has fired. You'll need to check connections pertaining to this system.

Do you know if the tail light is shutting down when the headlight goes off or is it the headlight only? Do you loose dash light illumination? Have you noticed if the headlight or dash lights flicker while you're riding?

Has this bike had any electrical modifications done to it such as after market lighting mods? Has this bike been in an accident?

Your problem could be as simple as a bad ground or a pinched wire somewhere.
My bike is all stock. all of my other lights stay on. dash, tail lights, signal lights, all work fine. but when i hit a bump in the road, my headlight goes off. and because i'm a newbie rider, my bike has been on it's side maybe 2-3 times. but not recently because im so much more comfortable with riding. so its probably been 6 months or more since its been on it's side.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 01:01 PM

It's one of those things you'll just have to wiggle anything associated with the headlight until you find the problem.

You could try a new headlight bulb but I'm not convinced this would resolve the problem.

When the headlight go off, can you switch on the high beam or is it dead as well?

Come and play.. Come and play...
Forget about the movement...!

Last edited by freakdawg; 08-09-2013 at 01:03 PM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakdawg View Post
It's one of those things you'll just have to wiggle anything associated with the headlight until you find the problem.

You could try a new headlight bulb but I'm not convinced this would resolve the problem.

When the headlight go off, can you switch on the high beam or is it dead as well?
Yeah you're right about that. and yeah my highbeam goes out too. only my headlights, no other lights.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 08:56 PM

It might be a loose cable positive or negative (on the battery)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-24-2013, 08:58 PM

It's usually a bad or loose contact.

1. SLK 230K AMG SPORT
2. VW RABBIT 2.5
3. 08 Ninja 250R Track Prepared
Sponsored Links
Advertisement