new rider 09 250 - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-20-2013, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

new rider 09 250

just bought a 09 250 from my friend, all black, for $1500. it has 20,000 miles and he fell on to the right side of the bike, some minimal damage to the fairings, the exhaust pipe, broken right mirror, other minor stuff.
im a new rider never rode before, been riding for the past 4 weeks and i love it.

now, on to a few questions;
my clutch lever is a little loose, moves up and down and a little bit on the pull but engages and disengages good. could it be worn out? because it seems that it is tight by the bolts and what not.
i ride it around town and i got around 150 miles for a full tank, and i push her hard at times, and i heard that these bikes get around 250-300 mpt but when i filled up full it didnt show full on the meter, could it be that its not accurate?
i was told i HAVE to downshift when slowing down to a stop. as opposed to stopping and then downshifting all the way. i have started downshifting all the time just to be safe but it still jolts even if i snap the throttle to match rpms.

thats pretty much all i have for now, im very happy with this bike, i was told that the 250 is too slow even for a beginner but to be honest, off the line this machine knows how to pick up speed QUICK. i realize once it gets to 80 it doesnt pick up speed as fast. i did get it to 95 on the highway and the only scary part was the wind. i like it, its nice, quick, and a well working chick pickup.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130427_173814.jpg (123.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 20130520_143917.jpg (86.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 20130520_143928.jpg (85.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 20130520_143942.jpg (50.5 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 20130520_143950.jpg (62.4 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Frenzirider; 05-20-2013 at 11:04 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-20-2013, 11:20 AM

Welcome. My 09 is the same about the gas. I fill up, it doesn't show all the way full. I run way past empty. I don't go by the gauge. I always fill up and reset the trip odometer, so I go by the miles. I fill up at least by 240 miles per tank. At that time the gauge will be showing empty for a while. And the speedo is off too, your really going slower than what the speedo shows. The faster you go the more its off.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Last edited by shawnster88; 05-20-2013 at 11:22 AM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-20-2013, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

ok thats what i figured, so basically just keep my eye on the inside of the gas tank once it reaches empty to see how much fuel i have left, ive been lied to by my bike =[
and as for the mph yes, speedometer was showing 47 and there was one of those electronic speedo things that show you how fast youre going on the street and it said i was going 42. so yeah ive noticed thats off, ok fuel problem solved thanks for the reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement