Used 2009 250R Fair Price - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 07:13 AM Thread Starter

Used 2009 250R- is this a good deal?

I found a used 2009 250R with 12,000 miles at used car lot in Northern Virginia. The bike runs well but shows signs of being dropped, it has a scuff next to the passenger seat and 2 small cracks in the fairing. The bike has a bunch of wiring that was added, HIDs, slip on muffler (looks like a generic one). The front blinkers were changed for leds but they are extremely dim, they may have wired the resistor wrong.

If I bought it I would remove all the wiring the previous owner did and install new blinkers. It runs well and shifts smoothly while moving. I could not get it into second while stopped, is this normal?

If I could get it for $2200 should I buy it?

Thanks for the help

Last edited by jpv09; 04-22-2013 at 07:34 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

Is $2200 a fair price or is the mileage too high? Will I have trouble selling it in a year or so if I want to get something bigger?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 12:53 PM

That's a little high, but not too bad. The mileage isn't so bad, especially if you're going to sell it in a year. Depending on how much you'll ride it within that year will determine how much you can sell it for

fairings are easy to fix, and they're not too expensive to replace. The wiring will be an easy, cheap job once you figure it out

If you could talk him down to about $1900, that'd be a heck of a deal in my opinion

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 04:40 PM

The not being able to get it into second when stopped may be an issue...are you talking as an UPshift or DOWNshift? As a downshift, that is a problem. As for the upshift part, I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to shift up into second at a stop, but I haven't tried it.

Transmission repair will be expensive so keep that in mind.

With that, I'd offer them $1,500 MAX for this bike.

I have come to terms with the possibility of dying while riding, life has a 100% death rate. I would rather live having fun and end up dead in a motorcycle crash than never do anything fun because it's dangerous and I might get killed. No one makes it out alive anyway. - From a friend on another forum, used with his permission.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for the replies. I agree that it is too high. The second gear thing is upshifting. The first thing I did after I started it was shift it to first then back to neutral which felt good but when I tried to go to second from neutral or first ti would not go into gear even if I pushed up hard. I even tried rolling the back a bit both walking and by letting the clutch out a little in first and it still wouldn't go. When I road the bike it shifted to second right away but I did try it several times at a stop. I don't think I tried it again after I rode it. But I see no reason why it shouldn't smoothly go into second at a stop.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 03:25 AM

I don't think it's a problem, my bike won't shift into 2nd sitting still either but shifts fine driving

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 05:53 AM

They won't shift into second when stopped. It's not a problem.

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxslick View Post
The not being able to get it into second when stopped may be an issue...are you talking as an UPshift or DOWNshift? As a downshift, that is a problem. As for the upshift part, I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to shift up into second at a stop, but I haven't tried it.

Transmission repair will be expensive so keep that in mind.

With that, I'd offer them $1,500 MAX for this bike.
depends.. was the bike off when you were trying to do this?

Because that's completely normal.

If the bike is running and stopped, you should be able to put it into second

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattooedloser84 View Post
I don't think it's a problem, my bike won't shift into 2nd sitting still either but shifts fine driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Ninja Rider View Post
They won't shift into second when stopped. It's not a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadster00 View Post
depends.. was the bike off when you were trying to do this?

Because that's completely normal.

If the bike is running and stopped, you should be able to put it into second
Yeah that's been my experience too...I did find out Ninja Boy doesn't like starting off in second gear too well though.

I have come to terms with the possibility of dying while riding, life has a 100% death rate. I would rather live having fun and end up dead in a motorcycle crash than never do anything fun because it's dangerous and I might get killed. No one makes it out alive anyway. - From a friend on another forum, used with his permission.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

The bike was running when it wouldn't shift to second. But the dealer is sticking to their price of 2259
Sponsored Links
Advertisement