big bore kit? ecotrons efi? and a turbo??? - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

Talking big bore kit? ecotrons efi? and a turbo???

just curious if anyone has done the 282cc big bore kit on the 08 250? i had the bike when it was new then got rid of it. guy i sold it to crashed it and sold it back to me. i done a complete restore on it now im thinking about tinkering with the engine a little. i wanted to in the past but when the bike came out there wasnt much you could do performance wise to it. also now i dont have to worry about my warranty only paid a grand to get the bike back.... so im thinking about doing the ecotrons efi conversion, getting the big bore, and slapping a turbo on (also i work at a machine shop here in ga so i DO have the resources to get it done) just wondering if anyone has already got the bigbore kit from wiseco....if so how much of a power increase did you achive and would you recommend doing it???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 09:14 AM

There is a Ninja 250 that is bored out to 265 cc, runs on nitrous, BRT i-DTIS, ported heads, 12.5:1 big bore 64mm pistons and makes 55 plus HP. This bike is all business. No street.

Sportisi is currently working on a turbo kit for the 250/300. It will also work with the Ecotron EFI conversion kit when completed. Some of the kit is being sourced in the States and some from Thailand. The starting cost was projected around $1500.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

i bet that bike is a BEAST!! do you know what turbo they are planning on using? i planned on using the RHB31 VZ21 and doing all the fab work here at the shop. we have a burn table i can have all the flanges cut out on and can do all the plumbing for the turbo here also. the cheapest i found the turbo is around 300 and the ecotrons efi runs about 600 im hoping to get it converted to efi and turbo it for around a grand. being that i can do all the fab work it should be a little cheaper. i will post pics on the way as i get it done....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by youthnasia229 View Post
....do you know what turbo they are planning on using? i planned on using the RHB31 VZ21 and doing all the fab work here at the shop.

They did not say what turbo they were using. Is the VZ21 the one by MBE Motorsports? i think that is the one that had been considered back in 2011 for a turbo project.

Here is a look and listen of the "Kawmerachi 250" on the dyno.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

Re: big bore kit? ecotrons efi? and a turbo???

yep thats it. its tiny but I've seen like two videos on youtube of one put on a 250 but I think its the indonesian one or whatever that comes stock with efi. lucky fucks why couldn't the americans get efi

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015, 10:17 AM

Nice post. Thank you for taking the time to publish this information very useful!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 09:44 PM

265cc is just about right. The little extra power helps. My buddy has an 11 with bored out block. I will say that tiny extra 15cc is noticeable down low, but that's with an engine rebuild. If you have extra $$, why not.

Personally, I would just invest on a N300 for less. You can buy one for 3k.

1. SLK 230K AMG SPORT
2. VW RABBIT 2.5
3. 08 Ninja 250R Track Prepared
Sponsored Links
Advertisement