Mgp growler exhaust - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 01:59 AM Thread Starter

Mgp growler exhaust

Everyone in Los Angeles are mainly retarded drivers. Excuse the language, but it sure is true. I need something that will be loud enough to get the drivers attention and so far people's reviews are directing me to the MGP growler exhaust, they said its almost too loud.

I want a vote, YAY or NAY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 09:01 AM

don't know about the growler since I have a pre-gen 250, but you outta change out the horn also. Getting a louder horn helps a lot

it'll freak people out too. People will start coming over into my lane (right where I am!) and I'll push the horn and they totally freak and swerve hard over because they think it's a truck or something.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 11:02 AM

Your issue is not being heard, it's being seen.
The #1 excuse for most car vs motorcycle accidents is "I didn't see the motorcycle".

The most effective way for other vehicles to notice you is to make yourself more visible. At speed and distance, all what most drivers see the majority of the time is one small headlight, a very tiny tail light and a figure camouflaged in black until you are up close and personal.

A hiz viz vest or gear, high beams and good defensive driving positions is what will keep you safer. Placing yourself outside of a driver's blind spot will help a cautious driver to notice you before cutting you off. Also A loud blast from an car/air horn on a motorcycle gets some attention too. Which BTW is a good inexpensive mod to do for about $20. Riding with your high beams on can make you more noticeable from a greater distance and in traffic as well.
Example; Here is what the Phillips Motovision bulbs look like on high beam during the day shining into a camera lens.

Just about every week I see a motorcycle accident on the news and the majority of those accidents involve Harleys with loud ass "life saving pipes". The majority of those riders sit low, move slow, and blend in with everything around them.

Don't get me wrong, it's your bike, but if you feel like a louder exhaust can actually make so called "retarded" drivers hear you and respond immediately and correctly to a loud noise they don't recognize or that they can't see the source of, then by all means you are entitled to install a loud exhaust. Just don't be disappointed when nothing really changes. After all your concern is safety right?

There are plenty more things you can do to enhance your safety for the same or less amount of money that you would spend on the MGP exhaust. For example a good set of tires can make a world of difference in stability, handling and traction, Shimming the needles can change the exhaust and intake note to be a little deeper, sintered brake pads stop better, adjustable levers make hand positions more comfortable and easier to control the brake and clutch, paying closer attention, anticipating and reacting quicker makes one a safer rider.

Good luck, be safe and ride smart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBlue1 View Post
Your issue is not being heard, it's being seen.
The #1 excuse for most car vs motorcycle accidents is "I didn't see the motorcycle".

The most effective way for other vehicles to notice you is to make yourself more visible. At speed and distance, all what most drivers see the majority of the time is one small headlight, a very tiny tail light and a figure camouflaged in black until you are up close and personal.

A hiz viz vest or gear, high beams and good defensive driving positions is what will keep you safer. Placing yourself outside of a driver's blind spot will help a cautious driver to notice you before cutting you off. Also A loud blast from an car/air horn on a motorcycle gets some attention too. Which BTW is a good inexpensive mod to do for about $20. Riding with your high beams on can make you more noticeable from a greater distance and in traffic as well.
Example; Here is what the Phillips Motovision bulbs look like on high beam during the day shining into a camera lens.

Just about every week I see a motorcycle accident on the news and the majority of those accidents involve Harleys with loud ass "life saving pipes". The majority of those riders sit low, move slow, and blend in with everything around them.

Don't get me wrong, it's your bike, but if you feel like a louder exhaust can actually make so called "retarded" drivers hear you and respond immediately and correctly to a loud noise they don't recognize or that they can't see the source of, then by all means you are entitled to install a loud exhaust. Just don't be disappointed when nothing really changes. After all your concern is safety right?

There are plenty more things you can do to enhance your safety for the same or less amount of money that you would spend on the MGP exhaust. For example a good set of tires can make a world of difference in stability, handling and traction, Shimming the needles can change the exhaust and intake note to be a little deeper, sintered brake pads stop better, adjustable levers make hand positions more comfortable and easier to control the brake and clutch, paying closer attention, anticipating and reacting quicker makes one a safer rider.

Good luck, be safe and ride smart.
I don't think anyone could have said it any better. I'm very new and still learning, my beach area has small streets and it's safe to have a louder exhaust. These beach girls here keep there earphones on in the cars listening to music commonly... It's very scary mate., but I see what you are saying!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement