Riding in the Rain - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Riding in the Rain

So today in Michigan it was in the mid 50's so I did an oil change and rode around a little. Had a dentist app and decided to ride there. When I was getting my teeth cleaned I heard the dreadful sound of rain! When I looked out the window it was confirmed, pouring rain all over my bike. So i had to ride home with soaked rodes and raining! rain wasn't even in forecast!! Pissed me off lol. I know it won't melt lol, but I bring this up to see if anyone else really really hates getting their bike soaked from rain? I can't stand knowing the rain can cause rust and the dirt from riding home in rain really gets to me lol. I always wanna wash it and completely dry it when i get home. How do ya'll feel about it? Does anyone feel the same way?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 05:40 PM

Oh I think we all hate it when it comes out of nowhere like that. But I love going from my garage and into the rain when I'm prepared for it. Down here in So. Texas, there's a lot of humidity and dew in the evenings so I'll always come to my bike with a wet seat. So I always have a small towel with me and I keep a washcloth under the seat also. If I'm completely prepared for the rain, I love it

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 05:53 PM

Very cloudy today in my area of California. Looked like rainclouds but rain wasn't in the forecast until tomorrow. Went to the store for a little bit, came out and everything was wet . Luckily i didn't actually get hit with any rain and the streets one city away weren't even wet.

I really don't mind the bike getting wet, I mind myself getting wet. I don't have waterproof pants so that would be a bitch if I had to go to work in wet pants, and I worry more about losing traction in a curve than a little water and dirt on my bike. If it gets dirty, I wash it... just like a car (only a lot easier cause there's a lot less to wash.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 07:43 PM

I love it

Local forum asshole!!!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Local Forum Asshole!!

Last edited by Gabe81; 12-27-2012 at 01:08 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 09:48 AM

i live in the uk it is always raining and im all ways prepared and rideing in the rain is fun as long as you drive sensible :-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Motorcycle.com Free App
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 02:14 PM

While I've never minded riding in the rain in years gone by I do hate to ride my current bike in the rain. It just seems that you can never get all of the nooks and crannies clean again. JMO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement