Time to upgrade? - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

Time to upgrade?

I dont know about you all, but after 4 months of this ninja 250 machine im ready for an upgrade.... http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/pr...8/0/specs.aspx ?

like honestly -my bike is held together by zip ties(kickstand) , barbed wire (hoodling on the licencse plate) , rubber bans and paper towels (holding/pushing the batters connector bolts) . and I bled the brakes and added new brake fluid a few days ago and got fluid alll over the calipers and discs and tyre. fml i know. Sooooo yeah im about ready to sell this death machine and get a new bike with alllll new fresh parts.

is this a good idea or am I just lazy ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 07:33 PM

You just need to make a friend of a good mechanic that will teach you...good luck with that. :-)

Slow is good...so is fast, the trick is figuring out whats right for the situation

If you have to ask whether you should, don't.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 08:10 PM

I think that's a sweet bike to upgrade to

All those things you said do seem very easily fixable though, they just take some money for new parts. lol. So a little bit of lazy also I guess, but it also doesn't seem like a bad idea

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 09:02 PM

Umm... if you destroyed a 250 in just 4 months maybe it's not a good idea to upgrade

Sent from my C771 using Motorcycle.com Free App
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 10:20 PM

How did he destroy the bike?

He bought an '08 (says in his SN), and it already wasn't in pristine condition(from what I've read in some of his other posts). A lot of what he mentioned were repairs to things the PO hadn't even tried to fix. Wasn't like he took it on crash courses all the time. Anything he did to it for was improvement.

Not trying to come off as rude or offensive at all, but you can't just assume those kinds of things

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 01:17 PM

Would you put zip ties, barbed wire, paper towels, and rubber bands in the category of "improvements?" No. I think investing money into it would be better then buying something else that he may not take care of.

Sent from my DROID3 using Motorcycle.com Free App
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 05:17 PM

I say go for it if you can afford it. The problems with your bike are pretty easy to fix if you cared/needed to, but why not upgrade if you have the means to? Good luck.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottie379 View Post
Would you put zip ties, barbed wire, paper towels, and rubber bands in the category of "improvements?" No. I think investing money into it would be better then buying something else that he may not take care of.

Sent from my DROID3 using Motorcycle.com Free App
I think it's an improvement of it being broken to begin with and doing nothing about it. Why would you just leave it?

if the PO had broken a couple of the speedometer tabs and you zip-tied the cluster to the frame, then that's an improvement over it whobbling and vibrating isn't it? I had to do that with mine before eventually buying a new cluster, and I'd definitely call the zip-ties an improvement over what it was before.

Can't just say he destroyed it without knowing the story. Secondly, I agree with you about investing money into fixing it rather than buying a new bike. However, we can't just assume he doesn't take care of his stuff. He may just not have the money to replace the broken stuff on his bike, and it doesn't mean he broke it.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 05:12 AM

I say upgrade. I recently did to my Yamaha r6 and I really enjoy it. Much more fun at higher highway speeds and to me its more comfortable to ride.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Motorcycle.com Free App
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

Well thanks for all the advice guys, umm Yes! I have been taking care of my 250 (I added new oil, new oil filter, fresh brake fluid in both brakes, cleaned and lubed the chain and sprockets, and cleaned the air box and filter, and waxed all the fairing) so im trying to improve it and take care of my 250. I took it to a machanic a few days ago and had a few things fixed and got proper battery bolts and threw away the paper towels. And the zip tie I was refering to was stock/oem, its on the kickstand . My buddy has a 2012 250 and he has the stock zip tie on the kickstand too....you probly do too. and for the brabed wire holding on the rearend, I just bought a integrated tail light and seat cowl and ill be screwwing the liscence plate into the lower plastic fender . (it will all look flush).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement