2008 Ninja 250 Recalls - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation 2008 Ninja 250 Recalls

This is for 2008 owners, I think this belongs here. If you didn't get this letter, check it out.

http://www.nsc.org/

"Dear Kawasaki NINJA 250R Owner:

This notice has been sent to you in accordance with requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.

The reason for this notice:
Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A. has decided that two defects which relate to motor vehicle safety exist in 2008 Ninja 250R Models (EX250J8F/L). On eligible units, when the front fork is compressed, the brake hose may move forward and come in contact with the edge of the front fork. This can cause damage to the brake hose resulting in brake fluid leakage, creating the potential for a crash resulting in injury or death. Our records indicate you have purchase one of these units.

Additionally, on some eligible units, an engine crankcase vent hole in the air cleaner case could be blocked by material left during the molding process. This could allow air pressure to build up in the engine and cause the cylinder head cover gasket to be pushed out of place and leak oil. Oil leaking from the engine during operation could drip or spray onto the rear tire creating risk of a crash, possibly resulting in injury or death.

What Kawasaki and your dealer will do:
Your Kawasaki dealer will correct the front brake hose problem for you at no charge. The correction will consist of replacing the brake hose bracket. Your Kawasaki dealer will determine if your vehicle will require the air filter case report as well. The actual repairs will take up to two hours but may take longer due to scheduling at the dealership and the time needed to obtain required parts.

What you must do to ensure your safety:
Please call your authorized Kawasaki motorcycle dealer to schedule an appointment and take this letter with you at the time of your appointment.

DO NOT RIDE YOUR NINJA 250R UNTIL THE REPAIR HAS BEEN COMPLETED.

Last edited by FemMotoGirl; 08-24-2008 at 11:58 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 12:40 PM
Head Janitor

Wow,some serious stuff going on there.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 05:02 PM

I think this applys to bikes that were made before 08". I mean if your 08" was manufactured in 07"as an 08" model. My bike was made in January of 08" and had the recall already repaired. Or maybe the dealers just know to fix it at assembly by then.

I am not a trained professional so.
CONTINUE AT YOUR OWN RISK !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 06:54 AM Thread Starter

Kawi released the bike in Sept of 07', leaving plenty of owners out there.
Especially since these bad boys are sold out. I own an 07' model purchased in 06' and still had a recall to check the possibility of fuel leakage under the tank. It affected 04-07 models. Kawi knew of the problem, but they didn't do anything about it until the NHTSA forced them do so.

Last edited by FemMotoGirl; 08-25-2008 at 07:11 AM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 07:04 AM

I had this taken care of 6 months ago.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement