New rider - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-15-2012, 04:51 AM Thread Starter

Post New rider

Im looking to bye a 2010 250 r ninja but all my friends thing that a 250 is not enough power and thing im going to be unhappy with the bike can anyone help me out iv never been on a bike yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-15-2012, 05:44 AM

Don't let ur friends influence ur decision, their not on the bike w/u. my homie said the same thing, I'm always having a blast & I have no need 2 go 227 mph I have a family 2 get home 2

We raise hell bitch!!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Local Forum Asshole!!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 01:10 PM

Get a bike YOU are comfortable with. It's not your friend's bike. Its YOUR bike. 250 is very capable and still a blast to ride.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 08:46 PM

Screw your friends.... i still have to make up excuses on why i dont have a 600.

But honestly, theirs really no need for a 600. I just bought my 250 and its got plenty of go on her to still make me scared...
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 05:04 AM

I just bought a 09 250 myself, I've never ridden prior to owning this bike other than the MSF course, which was last year (aug 2011) I will tell you, if you've never ridden it's best to get a 250 for a few good reasons.

1- to make your friends jealous
2- to allow yourself to properly build understanding of motorcycles and build your skills
3- And to go against your friends advice!

At the end of the day, a motorcycle is not a need, it's a want, so get what you want. Just do it for the right reasons and think safety first. I too have a family to get home to and I am doing A O K with my 250. Time will allow you to figure out if motorcycling is for you in the long term. If it is, guess what ... you will be so excited to find out you might just get a second bike, or if you're completely content, you are still on two wheels with a throttle ... it's a great time nonetheless.

Let us know how you pan out.

Yours Truly,
NefRider!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 05:12 PM

@NefRider you left out the main reason that I purchased my 250r...... GAS MILEAGE! With prices here in the West Coast over $4.00 per gallon, it sure is nice to get a consistent 50 MPG. My 250 is my first bike and i am positive that I will get a bike with a larger engine once i have mastered this little guy, but I don't ever think that I will get rid of my 250r as it is great for commuting and very forgiving for new riders (I'm thinking of teaching my cousins to ride on it).
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-19-2012, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjanon420ftw View Post
@NefRider you left out the main reason that I purchased my 250r...... GAS MILEAGE! With prices here in the West Coast over $4.00 per gallon, it sure is nice to get a consistent 50 MPG. My 250 is my first bike and i am positive that I will get a bike with a larger engine once i have mastered this little guy, but I don't ever think that I will get rid of my 250r as it is great for commuting and very forgiving for new riders (I'm thinking of teaching my cousins to ride on it).
Ahhh, gas! I did forget that. Thanks for the reminder.

Sent w/iPhone app!

Yours Truly,
NefRider!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement