Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner

Rear tire Ruining wiring and more! Help!

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  DaBlue1 
#1 ·
So this is my first bike. Its a 2012 250R kawasaki ninja.

Im very short so i had the bike lowered, and almost a year later the tire has eaten away most of the plastic peice that keeps the wires protected. The wires have been moved but now the tire continues rubbing the top plastic peice and has now rubbed a plastic box thing and the box was damaged on the road casuing my bike to turn off more than once.

Iam not sure what the box is called but it has been replaced.

So any idea on what i should do to fix this? Can I replace the plastic that is supossed to protect the wires? I know it willl be eaten away again, but im not sure of another option? The tire continues to rub at the box thing and its has came off 3 times now while im riding!!

Please help me.

#3 ·
....Im very short so i had the bike lowered, and almost a year later the tire has eaten away most of the plastic peice that keeps the wires protected. The wires have been moved but now the tire continues rubbing the top plastic peice and has now rubbed a plastic box thing and the box was damaged on the road casuing my bike to turn off more than once.
This is totally indicative of a bike that is lowered way too low. If you are rubbing into the battery box, you are putting yourself and bike in danger.

Here are some options...

Raise the bike up one level and learn how to ride and stop less flat footed

Stiffen the rear shock. This will reduce the bounce, which is probably causing the rubbing to a small degree.

Remove and replace the battery with a smaller one so that it is not in the way of the tire. A relocation and redesign of the battery box requires a custom made box.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.