idoling problem - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

idoling problem

I have a 2011 ninja 250. The past couple of days my bike has been idoling in the 5-7 range. I believe it has something to do with my choke but I'm not quite sure. If any one has had the same problem, or can offer any help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
-Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 05:32 AM

Troubleshooting on-line is not easy. I'd assume being a 2011, it was still under warranty and the dealer would help you, but....... If you think it's the choke, what happens when you open and close it? What happened to make you think it's the choke? You didn't say if the bike runs bad while riding down the road, just that you had a low idle. Maybe a friend turned your idle down as a joke. The easy to adjust idle knob is on the left side of the bike just above the counter sproket, next to the screw to remove your side cover. Did you run the bike on the beach and suck sand into the air filter - just kidding, but, just guessing, is your air filter plugged. Provide some more details and we can all guess at your problem. Have Fun!!.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

the bike runs fine and its idoling high. it should idol at around 1300 and its idoling between 5000 and 7000. about a week ago the choke lever on my controls was sticking thats why i feel it is the choke. ive never run the bike off road and i believe the filter is fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 03:20 PM

Do the newer style bikes have an idle knob on the left side? If yes, someone may have just turned the knob up. If no, take it to the dealership and have them look into it, it should still be under warranty.

https://www.250r.net/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2&dateline=1217136591

If you feel like you've outgrown your 250, you've probably outgrown your helmet too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement