HID relay harness question - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2014, 07:18 AM Thread Starter

HID relay harness question

What's up guys?

I bought a 35w hid kit (5000k) and decided to upgrade to 55w. I ordered the relay harness and glare shields, upgraded bc I do a lot of rural riding and I need all of the light I can get. Anyways, I was planning the install and came across a pretty big question.

The relay will be triggered by the low beam circuit (on when running), so due to the harness operating both ballasts... both beams will be on and the high beam switch is bypassed. How can I wire this thing so that I can still utilize the high beam switch? I don't want to run both all the time, and I don't want to install two relay harnesses if I don't have to.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2014, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

For anyone interested, it's looking like I will need to run an additional relay to supplement the bulb for the high beam circuit... unless I want to compromise integrity of stock wiring (which isn't an option). Keeping 35w for now, in the process of fabricating glare shields... goal is to be able to see and be seen, not blind oncoming traffic.

So far, the bike is awesome... due for the 7,500 mile service next week. I was quoted at $200+ parts, seem reasonable?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2014, 02:11 PM

$200 plus for what exactly? At 7500 miles you probably need a valve adjustment and an oil change. Not too hard to do by yourself. I'm not sure what the average rate is for a valve adjustment because I've done them all myself.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2014, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

According to local dealer...

Valve adjustment, carb sync/clean, chain clean/lube/adjust, oil change, check tires/brakes, cables, electricals, and inspection since mine is up. I'm sure I left out a few things, I've done a few small things to the bike myself... somewhat inclined as to proper mechanical procedures but after the crash in high school I'll leave it to the pros for now.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2014, 04:43 PM

Chain lube is as easy as it gets. Oil changes are very simple as well. Carb cleaning and valve adjustments are kind of on the next level.

Unless the bike still has a warranty, don't take it to the dealer. They overcharge like crazy compared to a small, local shop will.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2014, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

I've cleaned/lubed chain, oil change is self-explanatory, but I didn't really want to dig into the valves or carbs. I will do some more homework and see what other options I have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement