bike wont start - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

bike wont start

Riding along and my bike bike cuts out and would only start with the choke on all the way then eventually wouldnt start at all. Clean the carbs put it back together bike fired right up and was fine, riding along again and the same thing happens. Not sure if its the spark plugs, bad gas, just put in a new air filter and that wasnt a problem, I also put in fuel additive to the tank and that dint seem to help one bit. Maybe I will clean the carbs again has anyone run into this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 08:46 PM

The first part of your problem sounds like a carb problem but unless you did not thoroughly clean the carbs and properly adjust the base line settings as described in this link http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/Cleaning_the_carbs_1 you might still be dealing with a carb issue... Main jets, pilot jets, pilot circuits all need to be cleaned thoroughly...

Is your problem still characterized the same way after the carb cleaning...? Did you sink the carbs after reinstalling them...?

Have you checked for consistent voltage at the battery...? It should be putting out between 13 and 14 volts to charge the Battery...

Come and play.. Come and play...
Forget about the movement...!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2009, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

Got my bike to start up only when the choke is on, once i give it gas or turn the choke off it dies right out. Would that be a carb synch problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 11:20 PM

Yes it sounds like a carb problem but it could be a fuel problem if the gas is old or questionable... If the fuel is a few months old then I would say drain it out and put in some fresh stuff... and see if there is any improvement in the idle..

If you do not have any idle you won't be able to sync the carbs...

Did you clean out all the passages mentioned it the link I posted prior...? These would be the pilot circuit and transition passages...

If not and you suspect that the blocked passages were a problem then you may be in for another cleaning job before you can begin syncing the carbs...

Come and play.. Come and play...
Forget about the movement...!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 02:28 AM Thread Starter

I was talking with a friend and he said to check the plugs and coils, I had just replaced the plugs and the ones I took out were gray at the bottom instead of your usual burnt black color, not sure if that means anything. When we cleaned the crabs we did clean all the passages and stuff, but maybe it just needs an extreme clean job, and I will probably go ahead and drain the tank.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 02:21 AM

Kind of late now but, gray or white indicates your engine is running lean. Hope you found that out by now for the bike's sake.

2007 Ninja EX250F
- K&N Filter Pods (RC-1822)
- Dynojet Stage III Jet Kit
-DJ114 Main, Needle Pos. #5
- Full Yoshimura Exhaust
- 47-tooth Sprocket

Sponsored Links
Advertisement