New to Forum and 250r - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

New to Forum and 250r

I just bought my first 250r 2 weeks ago, a little pricey but i was desperate for a vehicle as my old goldwing broke and i had to get to work.

New bikes a 1990 250r, has some fairing damage, blinker is "taped" together, and i just noticed the right front fork seal is leaking ever so slightly, but other than that, its a good bike... been riding it everyday to work, havent had a single issue with it, about to do an oil change on it, but i couldnt get the main bolt off, and i have to go to work in a little bit. ill do it tomorrow when i get off.

ive got a couple of pics i took of her a couple of days ago, ill see if i can figure out how to post them, sry if it doesnt work.
i guess i figured it out, i have no clue why some are blurry.. makes it look "shiny" though, lol

plans for her

i want to get rid of the giant blinkers in the front, flush mount most likely

i am going to take off all the plastics and repair/ paint them, ive worked on this stuff before with goldwings, so i am confident in my abilities to repair...

i was going to go with a flat black look, but i think ill just repaint it gloss black, and remove the graphics, i WILL be getting ninja graphics though, i like the idea of having ninja on it.........

i think it already has a fender eliminator in the back, but ill check and post about it when im at work tonight maby...

i want to get some kind of frame sliders, as i am planning on allowing my female to learn on it, and i plan on keeping this bike for a long time, as i still have my broken goldwing, just no time change the head gasket...

anymore advice i need, i know i have to replace a fork seal on the right front, so for now im just keeping a close eye on it, as this is my old mode of transportation at this very moment
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-06-13_12-53-30_366.jpg (54.6 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-06-13_12-53-36_989.jpg (51.9 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-06-28_12-10-58_349.jpg (46.3 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-06-28_12-11-22_187.jpg (79.0 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-06-28_12-11-52_824.jpg (89.2 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-06-28_12-11-10_140.jpg (84.1 KB, 57 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

it does actually have a fender eliminator on the back, pretty cool that it came with it.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 03:43 PM

I love the paint scheme it has. Nice bike!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Last edited by tadster00; 07-03-2012 at 09:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

yeah, im loving her.... i just removed the lower col, cowl... coul... idk how to spell it, the lower part of the front fairing, lol...... seems to have been heated by the exhaust enough to warp it, ima see what i can do about that... i have decided to make her into a street fighter for now, so i can removed the full front fairing and repair it, while still riding her to work everyday... anyone have an sugestions for a front end, i was thinking about just getting one of those amazon ones for 30 bucks... im liking the alien look....

OH question, i just did an oil change, and replaced filter of course... went to full synthetic, wondering if anyone has had any issues doing this... it feels like the clutch is slipping a little... if so, would i just be able to drain the oil and clean out the new filter, as i bought the last one of that kind within 50 miles of me apparently... lol....
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

another question, im thinking about using black heat wrap on headers, any suggestions on type/ amount
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomChompski View Post
yeah, im loving her.... i just removed the lower col, cowl... coul... idk how to spell it, the lower part of the front fairing, lol...... seems to have been heated by the exhaust enough to warp it, ima see what i can do about that... i have decided to make her into a street fighter for now, so i can removed the full front fairing and repair it, while still riding her to work everyday... anyone have an sugestions for a front end, i was thinking about just getting one of those amazon ones for 30 bucks... im liking the alien look....

OH question, i just did an oil change, and replaced filter of course... went to full synthetic, wondering if anyone has had any issues doing this... it feels like the clutch is slipping a little... if so, would i just be able to drain the oil and clean out the new filter, as i bought the last one of that kind within 50 miles of me apparently... lol....
I believe I used Shell T6 Rotella full synthetic oil and never had any issues. If the clutch was slipping, I didn't notice it. It may fix itself over time. Just make sure that your oil level is correct. The level that the glass reads when the bike is on its centerstand isn't 100% accurate. Best way to read the oil level is to take it off the centerstand and hold the bike upright and read the glass for the level.

You should check out lmilligan's thread on the streetfighter project he did. He attached more of a Harley-style headlight and got a new speedo and what not. Looks pretty cool.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
another question, im thinking about using black heat wrap on headers, any suggestions on type/ amount
that's strange that you think it warped the lower fairing. That shouldn't have happened..

I've never heard of someone using heat wrap on the headers. Usually the headers get so hot that they melt anything. You can put heat wrap on the actual exhausts because they're 50-100 degrees cooler than the headers

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the info on the oil, i decided to wade it out for a little bit, and it seems to be doing fine now, no issue in the last 2 days... so hopefully its good...
i decided to do alot of research on making 250s street fighter, and i decided on some turn signals i wanted, so i went and bought them this morning cus i was in the area of the local motorcycle gear/ parts shop.... so when i got home i was gonna order one of those cheap Amazon fairing/ headlights... but decided to spend 30 minutes looking around some more, and i found the perfect solution... I removed the top plastic, put my mirrors back on, rewired my blinkers to attach my new one and attached them... and these are my results... for some reason, i LOVE how ugly it is, i mean seriously its hideous, but i love it... the blinker are actually fairly straight and centered, the bikes just leaning, and im at an angle looking at it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-07-04_19-02-25_700.jpg (68.2 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-07-04_19-02-35_779.jpg (66.2 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-07-04_19-02-42_466.jpg (76.3 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-07-04_19-02-48_11.jpg (69.3 KB, 32 views)
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
thanks for the info on the oil, i decided to wade it out for a little bit, and it seems to be doing fine now, no issue in the last 2 days... so hopefully its good...
i decided to do alot of research on making 250s street fighter, and i decided on some turn signals i wanted, so i went and bought them this morning cus i was in the area of the local motorcycle gear/ parts shop.... so when i got home i was gonna order one of those cheap Amazon fairing/ headlights... but decided to spend 30 minutes looking around some more, and i found the perfect solution... I removed the top plastic, put my mirrors back on, rewired my blinkers to attach my new one and attached them... and these are my results... for some reason, i LOVE how ugly it is, i mean seriously its hideous, but i love it... the blinker are actually fairly straight and centered, the bikes just leaning, and im at an angle looking at it
haha well props to you, man. You learned that it's your bike and you've got to get it the way you want it and love it.

That's one of the reasons I get annoyed with people asking for opinions on what to make their bike look like. I mean, it's your bike, don't let other people influence what you like! Again, props, man!

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-07-2012, 10:30 AM

Please post pics of that Ugly sob.(lol)

We raise hell bitch!!!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Local Forum Asshole!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement