03 Ninja 250 budget streetfighter build - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

03 Ninja 250 budget streetfighter build

first off, im on a tight budget for this bike so im trying to make it all work for as little money as possible ill keep a list of my expenses as well to see how much it comes out to be

bike: 900
rear tire: 60
chain: 100
speedometer: 20
headlight: 20
assorted maintanance: 30

total:1130 so far

it started off with a stock bike that was dropped on its side, front fairing cracked, windshied and turn signals smashed as well. the back wheel was worn all the way through and popped

me and my buddy stipped it all down and swapped out the rear tire, while he was working on that i took off all the fairings and began tucking away wiring.

our workshop was right in front of the door of my apartment so needless to say the neighbors werent happy campers lol

heres a pic of the bike torn apart and being worked on

you can see all the wiring hanging down here before we tucked it away.;

and here is post tuck in, i also cut the rear brake master cylinder tubing shorter and tucked it behind the frame so its less noticable, i attatched it to the battery box, and for the time being i took off my coolant reservoir and rattle canned it black so it is less noticable on the bike, i thought it turned out pretty good. you can tell in this picture that the brake cylinder is hardly noticable behind the frame

i also used the stock tail light, bracket, and turn signals till i have time to fab my own. but i got a start,

my chain was also pretty horribly stretched so i got a new one, will be getting new sprockets in the next week or so as well but not sure whether to stay with stock gearing or change it.

Last edited by ivonko; 05-14-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 02:54 PM

nice!

What are you gonna do with all the fairings? I was looking for a new set if they're in decent condition

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

selling them on craigslist right now. i would love to sell em to you as long as your willing to pay for shipping and stuff

they are in decent shape, i actually have a brand new wind screen and flush blinkers that i bought before i made the bike naked, the front fairing has a tiny crack by where the blinker attaches, right below the blinker, if your interested lemme know.

Last edited by ivonko; 05-14-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 06:41 PM

I'm definitely interested, but just in the top front fairing. Can you post some close-up pics of it? Especially of the crack. Thanks

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

ill try to take some pics when i get home today
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

here are the pics of the fairing as promised, i also noticed there is a small crack on the underside of the fairings as indicated in the pictures, please excuse the duct tape remains on the fairing, they are from the previous owner as well.

there are the 2 cracks, the rest of the fairing is in great shape, and like i mentioned i have new blinkers and windshield for it.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

also bought some goodies for the build off this paycheck
this is what i got
- 15/44 sprocket setup from jt sprockets
- bar end round mirrors off ebay for 10 dollars
- round cafe racer style headlight off craigslist for 20 dollars
- brackets for the headlight for 15 dollars
- sigma bicycle speedometer for 20 dollars (accurate to 125 mph which i will never go)
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

installed my sigma speedometer, works great, no tools or extra wiring required. i still have the stock speedo at this point but will be removing it as soon as my headlight brackets come in. there is really nothing i need on their considering i drive the bike by the sound of the motor (rpms) and i can tell when the high bright is on pretty easily, thanks to the positive nuetral finder i really dont have to worry about the neutral light, and with regular maitanance it shouldent be overheating and running out of oil.

so instead i have the sigma 1609, complete with speedo, odo, trip meter, works for 2 seperate bikes automatically if swapped over, temp guage, clock, cadance (not used), average speed, and max speed.

so a pretty good deal overall for a 20 dollar speedometer. ill post pics soon
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012, 10:05 AM

Cafe street fighter

Did the exact same bike..... cost much more than you think if you do it right. $3500
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 09:52 PM

Here are some shots of the same 2003 Ninja .
http://m1173.photobucket.com/albums/...f5l0E%2F3yw%3D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement