My bike with mods along the way - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

My bike with mods along the way

Last November I bought an '07 EX250 for $1500 and it had about 9,000 miles on it. It was completely stock except for the rear turn signals

here it is as I bought it

I didn't particularly like the rear fender being so big and bulky so I bought a $25 fender eliminator kit with LED on ebay, cut my fender, and installed the eliminator

went from this

to this(note how the eliminator has holes to attach the turn signals)

I also didn't like the huge front turn signals and wanted some flushmounts. If you've done your research, asiancycle.com used to sell some awesome turn signals, but they went out of business last March(2011) which was months before I got my bike.

But I found these which are the exact same model for $20 on ebay

so I replaced these

with these

then I added extra brake lights into the empty rear sockets

lastly I replaced the stock windshield (right) with one of mike's shields from mikesshields.com (left) ; personally I'm not in love with the look of it as much as the stock. However, the difference in wind force hitting the rider is huge. Before I was being blown off the bike with wind hitting me directly in the chest. Now the wind, which was hitting my chest before, is distributed all around me making the average commute much more comfortable. I still want a taller one for trips.

here's my bike post-mods

just upgraded my front sprocket to a 15 tooth. I love the effect it has. I commute a lot, so the lower rpm's make the bike more comfortable and improve mpg. I'll be changing the rear sprocket pretty soon as well. Probably going down from the OEM 45 tooth to a 42 or 41 tooth.

I also added a fuel filter right underneath the petcock. After about a month after installing the filter, my bike is running much smoother(I've also been adding startron since the install as well)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Last edited by tadster00; 03-15-2014 at 10:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 01:58 PM

looks clean, i like the clean look of the fender eliminator, need to pick one up for myself, do you have a link to where you got it by any chance? also does it connect to the frame of the bike or to the fairing? because i have no rear fairings on my bike.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

thanks. It doesn't come with any mounting screws, and I installed it to the fairing. However, you can install it to the frame also since the screw holes are wide enough. Very easy to install and I agree with the clean look. I like it a lot better than DIY jobs that I've seen.

Here's a link to it: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-NIN...#ht_2126wt_932

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Last edited by tadster00; 05-10-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

also, to install the LED light, just wire it to the running light portion of the tail light. It's really easy to do.

You should check out ninja250.org I use that for everything I do to my bike. You'll find the wiring diagram on there

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 09:53 PM

oh ill be able to do the wiring part of it. im pretty good at wiring, though i absolutely despise it haha. thanks for the link ill check it out and maybe get it.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2012, 06:59 PM

You can also find a cool eliminator on chaparral-racing.com. it is the one i bought for my bike.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-12-2012, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twindaddy View Post
You can also find a cool eliminator on chaparral-racing.com. it is the one i bought for my bike.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App
which eliminator are you talking about that works with the old 250?

Pics aren't that detailed, so I can't see which one would work.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 10:44 AM

Finally got around in riding my bike, has fender elimator, but no License Light. I ordered 2 "Screw" type LEDs. I take it you wire the Tag Lights to Running Brake light? There are 3 cables, i know one is ground, the other is running, and the other is brake. Any idea which one is the running one?

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

I believe the red is the running light. The black with yellow stripe is the ground

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2014, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

bought black stock exhausts to change out by rusted and pretty scratched chrome ones

before:

After:

Also bought some carbon fiber painted levers. Mine were getting old and the paint was coming off, and I got tired of re-painting them. We'll see how long these hold up.

Before:

After:

I've stated this before, but my bike was dropped by the PO on the right side and the exhausts as well as the fairings are pretty scratched up. Planning on getting them fixed though, and possibly getting the bike painted. We'll see how it turns out.

Last edited by tadster00; 02-17-2014 at 10:09 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement