Laws/Restrictions on Rear Lights Ect. - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

Laws/Restrictions on Rear Lights Ect.

I am looking at a 07 Ninja EX250(R) in Canada that was a US bike. From what I remember and from the pictures I took, this bike doesnt have a rear peice that hangs under the tail of the bikes body above the rear tire.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 10:30 AM

well I live in the US, but I'm sure Canada's laws are similar. The license plate must be lit up at night. Lots of people do an altercation to the brake light to where the bulb shines down on the plate as well. That's probably what the seller of the bike you're looking at has done.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 10:41 AM

or you can buy light up license plate bolts that light up the plate

that's what i did

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Motorcycle.com Free App

Last edited by thatoneguy; 04-17-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 02:10 PM

I agree with the plate bolts. I'd rather not use the tail light's window as the only source of light for the plate. Leave no doubt and put some plate bolts or another light which has the sole purpose of lighting up your plate

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Sorry i didnt finish the question but im curious of what lights the signals are.

I was thinking they are the orange ones sticking out? The seller say they are the left nd right amber lightes beside the brake light.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 07:46 PM

so they look like this?

In the US, the federal law says that the turn signals must be at least nine inches apart. The lenses don't make that. So technically it's illegal, but I haven't ever heard of anyone getting pulled over for it.

I chose not to put the turn signals in those pods when I removed the rear fender on my bike. Instead I put extra brake lights in there. You can find my bike under motorcycle modifications and under the Classic 250 thread.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 07:49 PM

I bought a fender eliminator on ebay that came with an LED light above where the plate goes

It also had holes to attach the turn signals

You can kind of see it in this pic how they attach to the holes that stick out behind the license plate

Just in case you wanted to go that route, I thought I'd give you some info on it.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

Thanks tadster and yes its like your first pic but all three are red. In the fallowing pictures, are those turnsignals or relfectors.

So my two turn signals are to close to the break light lol
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 11:22 PM

in the pics of the blue bike (my bike) those are turn signals. The previous owner replaced the stock ones with those. Though he didn't remove the rear fender (bulging plastic part above rear tire on the bike in your first post).

Yeah they're too close. If the turn signals are in those side pods, then they're only about 7 3/4 inches apart from center to center. You should do your best to find the local laws though, it could be different than it is here in the US.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement