Help!!!!! Please!!! - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

Help!!!!! Please!!!

My friend has a 07 ninja 250, and last summer it was running great and then it started running like crap. Once he hits 80 mph his bike loses power and wont go any faster. What could be wrong?

Carbs have been professionally cleaned along with the valves being adjusted. Gas tank has been cleaned, airbox is cleaned, new spark plugs and coils. Compression test was fine.

Also the right cylinder doesnt get warm and theres not exhaust smoke coming from right side muffler.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-14-2012, 02:52 PM

I'm going to take a shot at this because my 2003 ninja was doing the same thing and it took my dealer a few attempts to find the problem. He eventually found the float needles we're not doing thier job. They are supposed to compress and mine wasn't. That helped but still didn't fix it, he then found that both main jets both had some build up and the holes were to small and it wasn't getting the gas it needed. Hope that helps, I'm not a mechanic, but mine did the exact same thing, only mine wouldn't go past 55. Runs like a dream now.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-14-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by everett71 View Post
I'm going to take a shot at this because my 2003 ninja was doing the same thing and it took my dealer a few attempts to find the problem. He eventually found the float needles we're not doing thier job. They are supposed to compress and mine wasn't. That helped but still didn't fix it, he then found that both main jets both had some build up and the holes were to small and it wasn't getting the gas it needed. Hope that helps, I'm not a mechanic, but mine did the exact same thing, only mine wouldn't go past 55. Runs like a dream now.
Mine seems to be doing that too. I have an 05. It just dies out at around 50 or so when I start slowing down. So is the fix to take the carbs apart, and clean out all jets? I'm a noob so sorry for the possible dumb question.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-14-2012, 03:43 PM

I'm not sure about the details cuz I didn't do the work. They replaced the jets and the float needles, but I think replacing the main jets was the main culprit.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 08:39 AM

Sounds like the carbs need synching.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement