Hey everyone! This is my first post here on 250r.net and I am very excited to share my first bike build on the inter-webs!
The low-down: Last year I purchased an '07 250r with just over 2500mi for $800. Not bad? New clutches and a fluid change later I was on the move. With one season under my belt, I was already learning alot from my bike and the motorcycle culture itself. I did notice, experience a few things over that period of time that I wanted to change before entering my second season.
1. I stand at 6'2" so the riding position of the ninja was a little cramped.
2. The bike was laid down by previous over and myself ( it happens right?) so the plastics are a little beat up. I found them to be a little childish anyway.
3. Handle-bars were slightly bent.
1. Ordered adjustable clip-ons for bike in attempt to get a leaner ride on the bike hoping to give my arms a little more room.
2. Stripped bike of all plastics. Looks pretty cool as a naked bike.
3. New Parts:
Bar-end mirrors, 7" round headlight salvaged from my newly purchased cx500
(fits great) and of course universal headlight fork mounts,
Universal turn signals, and I just recently ordered a Trail-tech Vapor digital speedo/tacho with indicator lights for the front. Also, looking into making some rear set adjusters to move my feet back a bit allowing me to get more lean on the bike.
My goal: To keep a positive attitude for the duration of my build as it is my first one and there are sure to be set-backs and screw-ups. Create a bike that not only looks aesthetically pleasing to me but is also SAFE and RELIABLE. ( and fun to ride) And most importantly, ENJOY the process!!
I have already learned a ton so far and I look forward to your answers to my questions or just hearing of your opinions on my build.
Thanks for reading! Posting pics soon!