I do this often on my track bike, since I only ride it a few times a year then put it away in the garage. The process is very basic, and the main goal is to keep moisture away from the engine internals.
1. Replace oil and oil filter.
2. Warm up the bike to dissipate remaining moisture.
3. Use an exhaust plug to cover the exhaust.
4. Fill the gas tanke with fresh fuel, and fuel stabilizer.
5. Connect a trickle charger to the battery to keep it fully charged.
6. Put the bike on front and rear stands, to prevent the tires from forming square spots.
That's pretty much it, feel free to add more if you have anything else you'd like to share.