[86-07] Vacuum not giving fuel help!! - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-01-2012, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

Vacuum not giving fuel help!!

So I'm almost done with my bike project and she is ready to run, though for some reason the pet cock was not allowing any fuel to flow. The tank is just fine had it checked. So I had that pet cock rebuilt, and all. So I hooked it all up and tried to start her. Still no fuel is going to the carburetors. So I believe my vacuum that sucks and pushes the gas through to the carbs is not going. What do I do? Help.

-Joseph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2012, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

Fixed.

-Joseph
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 11:43 AM

Re: Vacuum not giving fuel help!!

I am actually having the same issue. I've even taken my petcock out and tested it. So far I've worked the nomadic way which is I've been pushing the fuel in myself but this task is only possible because i have an online fuel filter. If there is anyone with a solution i would much appreciate it as well

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abt272 View Post
I am actually having the same issue. I've even taken my petcock out and tested it. So far I've worked the nomadic way which is I've been pushing the fuel in myself but this task is only possible because i have an online fuel filter. If there is anyone with a solution i would much appreciate it as well

The Ninja 250 has gravity feed fuel system. So, make sure your hose is not too long and go below the fuel bowls it should be as direct as possible to the carbs.

Make sure your inline fuel filter is installed correctly and that your vacuum line is working properly.

Test to see if fuel flows when the bike is running. You will have to disconnect the fuel line from the carb and let it flow into a container.
Some aftermarket inline filters may impede fuel flow. Ensure your carb bowls are primed.

Also check whether or not fuel flows better with or without the inline fuel filter. If it flows better without it, but you are leery about not having a fuel filter, you may want to buy the stock inline filter. Filter Fuel 49019-1097.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 02:30 PM

For others out there with this common complaint it is often the (tiny) vent within the gas cap. If you open the tank, reclose it, and then you get fuel you will know that it had a vacuum in it and that it was likely the cap. Somewhere on the board here there is a very good, detailed fix for this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement