[86-07] Tensioner Broken then replaced after 3k miles - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 07:48 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation Tensioner Broken then replaced after 3k miles

I took my bike in recently to a shop to get the valves checked since it was making a ticking noise. turned out my tensioner was jammed and i remember hearing the ticking noise start around 3,000 miles ago. they did a quick fix checking the valves and lubing the cam chain and cleaned the tensioner I replaced the tensioner last night, and i saw 1mm divit holes around the shaft from the ball bearings.

At the shop they told me i gota replace the tensioner and cam chain, and its going to run me about $1100 because the they said the chain got worn/stretched from the incident. I was like holly %&*&, and ordered the tensioner for a long lasting fix. But now its starting to worry me can a jamed tensioner in a stationary position holding down the chain but not moving, ( did not mess up the timing in the motor) Do i need to replace the chain and guides from this?

i have a guy lined up that is certified and will help me do it with him for $25 an hour, i was just wondering if this cam chain is a ticking timebomb waiting to destroy my engine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement