[2008+] Noobie here - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 07:17 AM Thread Starter

Question Noobie here

Hello every one, new to the whole forum thing and still trying to figure out proper place to post specific questions.

I am a first time bike owner and so far have put about 500 mi. on the bike since this last Fri. I'm addicted and would like to get all my tuning done before I do my 250 one way mile ride, which will consist of freeway and back roads to mix it up.

I checked back a few pages on this forum and didn't find my answers. maybe I didn't go back far enough? I'm sure the answers are somewhere in the forum, this just seemed to be a bit quicker possibly.

I have checked this and a couple other forums and have done some google searchs about gas for the bike. I have a '08 250 with 3,054 miles I got this last Friday for 2500. The manual states to use 87 oct in the bike and I have heard other people throwing in the 92 oct and is basicly just tossing money out the pipe. any advice? 92 "Clean" fuel brought my idle up about 200-250 rpm(average is 1500rpm) after getting off the freeway. Also, I have a few "Clean" fuel stations around me so that is my ultimate goal once I decide the oct to use.

I have a K&N air filter as well as K&N oil filter. I have the Iridium spark plugs and just got mobile 1 Syn 10-40w. I am waiting for my muffler to get in before I change everything, getting a danmoto JISU exhaust. What, if any, performance increase or decline should I be expecting after swapping the filters, plugs and pipe out? Should I flush the old oil out or just let it drip for a while and just ad in the the Synthetic.

If DaBlue reads this, I saw your post about plugs and air filters and was very helpful as well as sprocket set up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownin View Post
....If DaBlue reads this, I saw your post about plugs and air filters and was very helpful as well as sprocket set up.
Hope all the info works out well for you. Enjoy the ride.

Here are a few more simple performance tips that may help.

Last edited by DaBlue1; 07-23-2014 at 09:55 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement