"Ten" or "Oh Ten"? - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum
View Poll Results: What will 2010 be referred to as?
Ten 1 10.00%
Oh ten 1 10.00%
Two thousand ten 0 0%
Twenty ten 8 80.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

"Ten" or "Oh Ten"?

With '09 right around the corner, that leaves only 1 year until 2010. Up to now most people use the last 2 digits of the year to say... the year. Like in 1998, people said "ninety eight". Then after 2000, people started saying "oh #" like '08. So what do you think people will say come 2010? Just "ten" or "oh ten" or will we adapt the full number and say "two thousand ten" or "twenty ten"?

https://www.250r.net/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2&dateline=1217136591

If you feel like you've outgrown your 250, you've probably outgrown your helmet too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 08:00 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to SubZero
Gggggrrrr **Start Rant****

This is a HUGE pet peeve of mine. Drives me crazy to hear someone say O-9 or as you wrote it "oh 9". GGggrrrrrrr Last time I checked "O" was not a number. I know people weren't taught to speak that way. Like this AOL /YIM or texting speak! What kind of bullshit is that? Grow up an talk like a human being. Like an adult. Letters are letters and numbers are numbers. Last time I checked proper grammer and the way it has been for all time years were always written with numbers. Not a letter thrown in.

For me I say either 2009 or 09. Not "oh" or "O". When 2010 comes I will say 2010. Not 10 or some other lazy ass variation.

End rant

Oh and I voted for "twenty ten" because it's still using numbers and is shorter then saying two thousand ten.

Yes I'm a
08 Monster Energy (replica) 250R
WARNING! Psychological Nudity. Adult content. Viewer discretion is advised.
Be mischievous. It feels good.

Last edited by SubZero; 11-26-2008 at 08:01 AM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubZero View Post
This is a HUGE pet peeve of mine. Drives me crazy to hear someone say O-9 or as you wrote it "oh 9". GGggrrrrrrr Last time I checked "O" was not a number. I know people weren't taught to speak that way. Like this AOL /YIM or texting speak! What kind of bullshit is that? Grow up an talk like a human being. Like an adult. Letters are letters and numbers are numbers. Last time I checked proper grammer and the way it has been for all time years were always written with numbers. Not a letter thrown in.

For me I say either 2009 or 09. Not "oh" or "O". When 2010 comes I will say 2010. Not 10 or some other lazy ass variation.

End rant

Oh and I voted for "twenty ten" because it's still using numbers and is shorter then saying two thousand ten.
*grammar

I think I like you more now, Sub. I agree completely.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 09:19 AM
Head Janitor

Tell that to the creator Nine Oh Two one Oh.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 11:05 AM

like SubO i chose twenty ten

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgary View Post
*grammar

I think I like you more now, Sub. I agree completely.
There was more than just that one word that could use correcting, but I like her too much to take on the role of "word police".

This topic came up because I noticed at my work a lot of people have already started saying "oh ten" and it's getting on my nerves. Now when people ask when my project is coming out, if I know they're the ones saying "oh ten" I say "It comes out in oh oh nine" or "double oh nine".

https://www.250r.net/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2&dateline=1217136591

If you feel like you've outgrown your 250, you've probably outgrown your helmet too.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMoe View Post
There was more than just that one word that could use correcting, but I like her too much to take on the role of "word police".
I know, but one was enough, and that seemed like the most appropriate one. I too don't like being word police, but I just couldn't pass this one up.

Quote:
This topic came up because I noticed at my work a lot of people have already started saying "oh ten" and it's getting on my nerves. Now when people ask when my project is coming out, if I know they're the ones saying "oh ten" I say "It comes out in oh oh nine" or "double oh nine".
That is just hilarious.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement