exhaust performance difference - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-04-2011, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

exhaust performance difference

I'm been doing a lot of research on which exhaust system is the best for the Ninja 250r. I read that the Area P and the one from Japan Totobuso makes the most HP before a jet kit. I read the Kawi forum that the Area P without a jet kit makes close to 30hp and a Yoshi with a jet kit makes a little bit over 30hp.

Well I don't know if the bike I purchased wasn't tune right or the motor is weak. It only has 2000 miles on it. The previous owner told me it was dyno tuned by a well known tuner in North Dakota.

here is my thoughts and was wondering what you guys opinion was...

So I just got back from my first race with a Ninja 250. The bike came with a full Yoshi pipe and dyno tuned. I was getting murder on the straights with bikes equipped with Area P exhaust.

For example...Off the start I would be in 2nd and by T2 4-5 bikes would blow past me. Then before T3 I would be in 8-9 place. This isn't a issue about corner speed. It's WOT from T1 to T2. I would lose contact with the leaders right away. Then I have to use my corner speed to get past everyone with faster straight line bikes. It's just frustrating that I would win in the inside and loose it all on the straights.

My question is...does the AREA P exhaust produce that much more power than the Yoshi pipe. Most of the riders on the grid weighs about 165-180.

But to be in 2nd place and then have 6-7 bikes blow past you like you're standing still is extremely frustrating. I can't even draft past bikes with the AREA P exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-04-2011, 02:27 PM

Is this an all class bike race? like 250cc and up?
if its the same class Sounds to me that the other racers have more then an exhaust system and a jet kit so what i would do is ask them if you check out their bikes i'm sure some will give you attitude and others would be gladly to show off there baby to you (bragging included).

If you really want to go all out put a turbo on your 250
you can out corner a +600cc but on the straights you'll basicly lose

Last edited by Ownsmalones; 07-04-2011 at 02:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement