Need help putting on sliders - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-14-2013, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

Need help putting on sliders

Update: I ended up returning the product, but the original post is still below:

Hello, I really need help! I bought these sliders. An image of mine is here. I tried to install them, but didn't know how with a non-oem engine mount. I cannot directly screw this onto the original engine mount piece because it interferes as you can see here. I somehow need to get the sliders on without a non-oem engine mount like youtube shows here (skip to about 1:50):

It also needs to stick far enough out to not interfere like shown above! Please help, and let me know if you need any more clarification. Thank you!

Last edited by beckyg; 05-15-2013 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Updated information
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 06:09 PM

What brand are those sliders? I do not recall seeing ANY brands for the Ninja 250 that are that style. (They look like the ones for the bigger Ninjas).

Can you return them?

Get the Shogun Sliders, they utilize the engine mount bolts and will protect the bike a lot better, as they use a tube that spans from the front to the rear engine mounts, not even touching the frame tubes.

They DO require one minor modification: You have to "notch" the top of the countershaft sprocket cover..it is easily done with a hacksaw and file and only takes a few minutes once the cover is off.

Installed views on my bike:

(Look closely at the top of the countershaft cover and you can see the notch)

and:

(Just above the clutch cover you can see the Shogun tube where it attaches to the rear engine mount)

Best $200 you can spend on your Ninja, it will save your bacon.

I have come to terms with the possibility of dying while riding, life has a 100% death rate. I would rather live having fun and end up dead in a motorcycle crash than never do anything fun because it's dangerous and I might get killed. No one makes it out alive anyway. - From a friend on another forum, used with his permission.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

He is letting me return them for the price of shipping, so I will do that. He said these were made for the 250, but modification is required (drilling into the frame). Thank you for all your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 06:53 PM

You're welcome Always glad to help out another rider.

As a side note, my honest opinion (and it is just that) is that drilling into the frame for ANY reason is a bad idea as it can promote cracks or failure of the frame.

And frame mounted-sliders (again, this is my opinion) just means that instead of damaging your fairings/bars in a drop, you'll now dent/bend the frame.

I have come to terms with the possibility of dying while riding, life has a 100% death rate. I would rather live having fun and end up dead in a motorcycle crash than never do anything fun because it's dangerous and I might get killed. No one makes it out alive anyway. - From a friend on another forum, used with his permission.

Last edited by Mxslick; 05-16-2013 at 06:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement