Making a super ninja - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

Making a super ninja

Okay for my wife's b-day I am going to take her 08 Ninja 250r and completely customize it. I joined this forum to get information about the bike, as I own a GSXR myself, but no nothing about the Ninja. I have done some research and let me know what you guys think to make my wife's bike the super ninja. Let me know if there is any other hot performance parts or bling to go with this bike. It's black, so I want a clean race look to it. Thanks!

Scratch-On Graphics race kit and wheel trim (silver)

Two Bros Carbon Fiber M-2 can

Dyno Jet Jet kit

Zero Gravity SR Screen

Shot Gun Frame Sliders

Comp Werks Fender Eliminator

Roaring Toyz Lowering kit

Driven Sprockets BLK with Gold Chain (15-45 ratio)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 04:37 PM

Are you getting the two bros. slip-on or full system? If just slip-on you might not need a jet kit.

post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by minichris View Post
Are you getting the two bros. slip-on or full system? If just slip-on you might not need a jet kit.
No kidding??? I was going to get the slip on, but that is interesting point. Does the full system make a difference on the 250r? (for the cost) vs. the slip on????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtrix19 View Post
No kidding??? I was going to get the slip on, but that is interesting point. Does the full system make a difference on the 250r? (for the cost) vs. the slip on????
Let me rephrase that because I know it makes a difference. But lets say I pick up a can off Ebay for $200, and a full system is going to run minimal $700 plus, is she going to be like" Holy [email protected]#T...thanks for putting on a full system vs. the slip on."?
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 11:02 AM

How about registering the both of you for a track day, explore the performance limits of the bike as it stands as well as the limits of the riders, and build from there..?

Welcome to the site...

Come and play.. Come and play...
Forget about the movement...!

Last edited by freakdawg; 03-01-2009 at 11:04 AM.
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 04:07 PM

^ wow good call freakdawg

post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 05:09 PM

I too tend to agree on the trackday (or an MSF course if you haven't taken it yet). Welcome, and whatever you decide, have fun and be safe
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgary View Post
I too tend to agree on the trackday (or an MSF course if you haven't taken it yet). Welcome, and whatever you decide, have fun and be safe

Yeah we are going to do this as well, so it's going to be included in the b-day present. She is going to be so excited. Track days plus getting this bike done are going to blow her away.

Okay so as I am starting this bike up and realizing she is probably a little frustrated with the take off in first-3nd as it lags a tad. Those of you who have had exhaust, jet kit, gears, and some messing around with the throttle have you had some success to get it a little livelier?

I think the bike is a ton of fun for her and I have had a riot riding it the mountains as it flips up because of the weight. But I can see where she is saying can we get it to be any quicker off the line. The sprocket switch that some guys have made is one up in the front and I am hoping that it will still do okay taking off still? and not loose any more but if you guys have any suggestions let me know. Unfortunately for her she rides with a group with 600-1000's but I am hoping for her to be even more giddy than when she bought it.

Thanks!

Last edited by madtrix19; 03-08-2009 at 10:13 AM.
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 05:45 PM

If you go one up in the front you will lose acceleration.

If you really want to be quick go one down in the front and two up in the back with a full exhaust and jet kit, however, quickness is relative.

The best thing to do is learn to carry corner speed and ride the bike to its full potential. (At the track of course)

post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-09-2009, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minichris View Post
If you go one up in the front you will lose acceleration.

If you really want to be quick go one down in the front and two up in the back with a full exhaust and jet kit, however, quickness is relative.

The best thing to do is learn to carry corner speed and ride the bike to its full potential. (At the track of course)
Ditto what he said...

These 250's are never really going to be impressive launch vehicles... They just don't have that much torque or horse power... I believe they are rated in the neighborhood of 29hp and that's just not a lot to work with off the line... The best way to work with this little beast is to take advantage of the attributes it has going for it... It's lighter and very maneuverable when compared to any 600 or 1000.. Corner entry speed can take you along way if you can keep the momentum up... The big boys(600's & 1000'S) are always going to be able to pull away on the straights...

Another point in regards to sprockets, altering the ratios as minichris stated will improve the launch but the trade off will result in a loss on the top end speed as the rpms will max out earlier then the stock configuration is set up for... Also you'll most likely find your shifting a bit more...

Come and play.. Come and play...
Forget about the movement...!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement