20 mm wider tires front and rear - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-31-2013, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

20 mm wider tires front and rear

So I have an 07 ninja 250 and I want to put pirelli demon 120/80/16 in front and 150/80/16 in rear, which is 20 mm wider than stock. Great reviews on the tire but i've also read that some ppl dont like the way their bike handles after a wider tire is put on. Only issue is most threads I came across were for bigger bikes that were already runnin like 180 rears, I kno I have the clearance to fit the bigger tires on the bike, I just dont want to lose any handling. So i'm just curious if anyone out there has done what I want to do and were there any issues with handling? I cant see 100 to 120 in front and 130 to 150 in rear would make all that much of a difference but i've been wrong before haha Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-01-2013, 02:21 PM

120mm tires in the front will give you clearance issues and probably eat up the fender. They're simply too big, and so are the 110mm tires. You can raise the fender to fit them though. http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/Size_110/90-16_tires

The stock Dunlop front tire is 100/80mm, and Pirelli makes a Sport Demon that's 100/90-16 which is great for the 250. They're close enough to the same size that they both work. That's what I'm running right now and it's awesome.

As for the rear, I'm not sure whether or not a 150mm tire will fit. I have the Pirelli Diablo on the back that's the same size as the stock 130/80-16, and the handling is awesome as well.

I've heard that a rear tire that big will give you both handling and suspension issues. I have no experience with a tire that big on my 250. But here's a link to something else I found: http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/About_wider_tires

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Last edited by tadster00; 04-01-2013 at 02:26 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 07:27 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info! Your article and personal experience convinced me to keep my tires stock width. I do want to go 10 mm higher on the sidewalls though. Once I get them on i'll let you know how it runs an handles with the higher sidewalls.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 08:14 AM

Great! Glad I could help

Wider tires look sick to all of us that love sports bikes, but they're simply not made for the 250's

also, remember 110mm in the front means you'll have to raise the fender to avoid having it eaten up by the tire.

100mm is really the tallest size you can go in the front without changing anything to the bike.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Last edited by tadster00; 04-05-2013 at 08:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement