tires - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

tires

I must wore out my stock tire at about 4100 miles. Today I got the only tire that the shop had that was close to the correct size. It is a 130 90 16 dunlop gt 501. I like the tire however it is quite a bit taller than the stock size so it dropped my rpms down from 8000 at 65 to around 7500. I'm not sure how I will like the change because the bike seems a bit slower to 60 yet the rpm drop might give me better highway fuel economy. What do you guys think about this?

I also am going to need a new front tire because my front tire is also showing signs of wear. What tire size do you think would go with the tall sticky dunlop gt 501 that I have in the back?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 05:30 PM

130/90-16 really isn't much bigger than the stock. You're right that it does change the rpm's a bit. I have a Pirelli Sport Demon on the front (100/90-16) and I love it. It's about $90 on amazon(where I get all my tires since they're cheap and I know I'm still getting great quality through the brand rather than buying some generic Chinese tire), and it handles very well in dry and wet situations. It also corners very well even when breaking

On the back I have a Pirelli Diablo scooter tire (130/80-16). I wish I could've gotten the rear Sport Demon, but I was short on cash to spend so I bought this one at about $65 on Amazon. I've been very surprised with the handling. It's a great quality tire as well. Don't let the "Scooter tire" throw you off. They make some powerful scooters nowadays that can do just as much if not more than our 250's. And this tire does the job for the 250 very well.

My front tire is slightly taller than my rear, but I really haven't noticed. The only way it would really interfere with my riding is if I was at a track and was cornering at very high speeds. I would definitely recommend Sport Demons on both the front and the rear, although the tire you just bought is pretty good quality also. Whatever you do, don't buy the stock tires again. They're crap, to say the least

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Last edited by tadster00; 09-07-2012 at 05:32 PM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 07:08 PM

What brand r the stock tyres? I got my bike used so I don't no if they r stock or not, I'll post pix 2morrow cuz well it's dark now & I'm drinking soo...

I raise hell bitch!!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Local Forum Asshole!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 09:37 PM

just depends on which gen you have. The ones on the 88-07 are Dunlops and they're terrible. Very short lifespan and zero wet traction. I was slipping all over the place when I had them on. I feel lucky that I never fell with them on.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 10:57 PM

It's a '11

I raise hell bitch!!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Local Forum Asshole!!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe81 View Post
It's a '11

I raise hell bitch!!
I know, but I don't know what brand tires the 08-12 gens have. I just know about the 88-07's.

I've heard the stock tires on the 08+ aren't bad, but they aren't great either. Kawasaki usually goes as cheap as possible on easy-to-change parts like tires and oil filters

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 08:27 PM

I have an 09 and it has irc tires....not great, not terrible...probably getsomething different when the originalsare gone.

Slow is good...so is fast, the trick is figuring out whats right for the situation

If you have to ask whether you should, don't.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 07:36 AM

I have a new '12 and it came with IRC. They are good, but not great. Just right at 1k miles as of yesterday...

I was leaning on a turn and they slipped a little, but was able to recover...tires were a little cold too...>10 miles when it happened.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement