New bike and mods - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

New bike and mods

Hello all,

I just got my bike, 2010 Ninja 250.

With a little help from my friend I have done a few things to it already. We removed the charcoal canister, the PAIR system and the ugly "tail" fender and the passenger pegs(I wont be riding anyone on the back for quite a while)

The exhaust hanger is just a piece of strip steel with a little bend in it.

We removed the charcoal canister and plugged the middle port. To vent the fume port, we t-ed into the over flow for the gas filler

For the PAIR system, we just put caps on the top of the head and on the airbox.

To remove the rear fender without spending a bunch of money, we cut off the long fender and the mounts for the turn signals, then smoothed everything out a grinder to make it look clean. To mount the plate, we used a small piece of angle iron and mounted it under the small plate that bolts down thru the tail. For a total cost of nothing, I think it looks pretty good! Ha. We then mounted the turn signals to the side reflector mounts and that bolts to the license plate.

More stuff to come! Hopefully exhaust soon. Then airbox stuff and carb stuff too.

-Amber
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 01:52 PM

Nice bike, but one small caution about your exhaust hanger. You may want to bolt it at 2 points on the frame to prevent it from swinging. Over time the muffler clamp may loosen due to vibration and the gasket may shrink making a loose connection to the header pipe.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 03:07 PM

Like the color. I just put on a slip on and shimmed the carb. Makes the bike way more fun and smooth. Bought the mgp Growler. Loud and sounds great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

The MGP Growler is a great looking pipe.

DaBlue, what do you mean by "swing"? To the left and right? Or front and back? I used 3/16th steel, and the bolts are both tight, it wont be going front to back and unless it was hit by something, it wont be going left and right, anymore than a similar hanger bolted to both places.

Thanks for the feedback
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

So a few more things on the bike now. We put reflective rim tape on and the Danmoto carbon GP exhaust. The exhaust is SOOOOOOO much lighter. It was pretty easy to install. I want to make a little guard to cover the stock header pipe to clean it up, hopefully that will happen soon.

Here are some pics, what do you think?

There is a carb jet kit to go in as well, but have not had time to do that yet.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 06:34 PM

Where did you get the reflective rim tape?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Ebay. Its all over there. When there is no light on the bike, the color is a little darker than the bike, but close. There are many blues to choose from. I think it is a much cooler and safer alternative to regular reflectors. Super cheap too.

By the way, got the jet kit in it. The bike accelerates much better and the power band is widened. I wouldnt say it gained much HP, but there is much more usable power. And if you want to get a kit, I recomend 6 sigma racing on ebay. The kit is great! Besides the jets and needle spacers, it has other tips, like a small hole to drill in the slides and slide spring clipping and stuff. Very nice kit.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 07:50 AM

Will have to look into that...how do you like the danmoto? I haven't seen too many good reviews.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement