Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner

2007 Ninja 250 Cafe/Brat style build

6K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  leveroge 
#1 ·
I’m turning my 2007 ninja 250 into a brat style motorcycle. I picked it up with the Titles and 1,600 for $100. Not running of course but for $100 I took my chances and picked it up! The other picture is the style I’m going for. I’m going to be doing a video build serious on my YouTube channel : Najar but it will only show up if you search “ Najar Wj “

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I had the carbs cleaned and the bike is running well now! So through forums I found a yellow ninja 250 which is what I was going for so I can ride it while I gather parts. I also made a photoshop picture of what I sorta want the finished bike to look like. I also had the California canister removed paid $290 for the carb cleaning and removal. The goal is to keep it under $1000

I removed al the plastics, installed a cheap headlight for now, and added a taillight with turn signals. Not a bad look! I also found out the motorcycle had a lowering kit so I purchased the stock links to bring it back to stock size! Also I found out the gas tank has a hole where the screws go in so I might fix it or go a different direction with the gas tank.

Total to date
$100 Purchase price
$45 registration
$290 carb cleaning

$435 for a running bike not bad!

Attachments

#3 ·
Forgot to mention in the other post the Headlight I purchased on eBay for about $15 with mounts that go on the forks and the tailight about $10.

So I found out my gas tank had a leak where the screw that holds the fairing goes in. Which in my case was a good thing because I did want to replace the gas tank! So I found one online from a 98 CB750K I believe and I paid $60 and the guy also gave me a hoop that I will use for the rear frame of the seat! Bad thing is I didn’t realize it has a small leak also from where the Honda logo screws in! So I ended up brazing it and seems to have plugged the hole up! I plan on cleaning the inside and sealing it up just Incase there is still a small hole left that the brazing didn’t cover!

To make it fit I did have to hammer in a little on the front part of the tank but other than that it fits good! I do have to weld on some now brackets on the front end but should be easy! Tank is about the same size as stock maybe a little wider.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.