Racing Mods? - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 07:40 AM Thread Starter

Racing Mods?

Hey guys. So next year I plan on doing a lot of track time and getting a racing certification through WERA. Which means this winter is all about getting the bike prepped! I'll be getting new clip on handlebars, new rear sets, new fairings, and new gear.

As far as handlebars go, has anyone had experience with sizing new clip ons? How much fairing clearance is there? What size should I be looking for? Brands?

For rear sets, I have looked at a couple off-brands, but I know the vortex brand os probably the best one. I'm just not sure I want to spend $400 if I omly have to spend $100... Does anyone have any experience with off brand rear sets?

For fairings, I'm planning on ordering cheap chinese fairings from one of the big sites such as AliexExpress, dhgate or FairingsSuperstore. I know fitment can be tricky with fairings such as those. Does anyone have any experience with them? And if so, what other sites do you suggest?

Gear...ugh. Women's gear is so hard to find. Any one know anything about how well women's tracksuits fit? I would really prefer to go with a one piece, but I know a two piece is more likely to fit better. I would like to stick with Dainese or Alpinestars, but what do you suggest?

I happen to work at a Cycle Gear, so a lot of this stuff is available to me via special order. But I'm still unsure of what all I should be looking for. If you have any suggestions or can think of anything else I left out, let me know! Thanks in advance! =D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-15-2015, 02:00 AM

Garage
I will say this, the best bang of the buck is setting up the suspension, and dialing it in, to your weight and taste. This also includes better tires.

Also look into http://store.ricorshocks.com/product...20-1001nin.htm

A.T.G.A.T.T so I may ride another day. www.rockthegear.org

ZX-2R Photo gallery

I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike.

Last edited by Ghostt; 10-15-2015 at 02:03 AM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 04:55 AM

Sportisi Motorsport USA is a very good and well known supplier on the race circuits of various items for the Ninja 250/300. You may want to start there.

Also try here. http://japan.webike.net/KAWASAKI/NINJA250R/5921/mtop/

Last edited by DaBlue1; 10-21-2015 at 05:17 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-22-2015, 03:09 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys! Some suspension adjustments will probably ge a goos idea. Thanks for the link! As of now I'm riding with Dunlop Angel QTs and so far they're awesome tires as well so I will probably stick with those and just buy another pair unless I find something better in the meantime, which is possible. What tires do you guys ride with?

@DaBlue, thanks for the recommendations! I will be looking into both of those websites in detail. Much appreciated =]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement