Mad Hornet's flushmount front turn signals /AsianCycle flush-mounts clones - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-21-2015, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Mad Hornet's flushmount front turn signals /AsianCycle flush-mounts clones

Okay I know what your say, "not another flush mount that doesn't even come close to fitting the OEM area"

Well if you've been here awhile, then you've heard the tales of the old AsianCycle flush-mounts, and how great they where, but like so many great accessories for our beloved 88~07 Ninjas', they have faded away, leave everyone trying to find them on the used market with little or no success.

Well my fellow forum members, they have returned!!!! Kinda. A company called Mad Hornets is supplying them again, or at least a copy of the AsianCycle flush-mounts. I have ordered myself a pair, to not only use, but for the propose to review.

They were $24.99 USD, and free shipping, they offer them in black/smoke & chrome/clear. I ordered the clear, because all my others are clear, and it goes well with my color scheme.

So now I wait for the postman like I'm waiting on Santa, I shall return with a full write up, a blog entry, and my final verdict.

Links:

http://www.madhornets.com

http://www.madhornets.com/front-indi...moke-or-clear/

Update 12/27/14: they are here, showed up on the 23rd, and they look as they do in the pictures.

They remind me of truck clearance lights, with a thin piece of plastic to fill in the fairing indent, but it doesn't appear to be nearly thick enough maybe. Also they are just plain black thin plastic, so to keep my color scheme, they will be painted.

But one small problem for yours truly, they are 2 wire, which means no running lights, as I have modified my other aftermarket set to allow me to run the switch back CREE LEDs(see photo).

So I will be changing the bulb sockets to accommodate this.

Stay tuned.

UPDATE 01/16/15

Okay I converted the two wire socket to three wire, it was fairly simple, do to the socket was just pressfit, I had to use the three wire socket from another light, but it fit like new. Also painted backing plates.

Why I'm doing this is so I can use the switch back CREE LEDs.

Now I need is warm day to install them.

UPDATE 01/21/15

Installation time,
Warm weather today, so they are finally on, and all wired up.

Installation does require some trimming of the fairing but it's behind the housing, so you even if you wanted to put the OEM ones back on, your safe.

The final fit and finish, is okay, the backing plates seem too thin, but are required to cover up the OEM front mounting hole. Wiring is as simple as splicing the wires up.

Final verdict:
They do look good, and seem to flow with the lines of the bike. The backing plates do their job, but being I'm a bit of a nut, I'm going to fabricate some new ones using the old rear fender as the donor for me the materials.

If your looking for a better looking aftermarket turn indicators, look no further than Mad Hornets.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6106909865513775458.jpg (96.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 6106909742149404370.jpg (84.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 6106909488497325634.jpg (101.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 6106909375483919042.jpg (107.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 6106908726608498098.jpg (34.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 6106909160569805922.jpg (141.4 KB, 15 views)

A.T.G.A.T.T so I may ride another day. www.rockthegear.org

ZX-2R Photo gallery

I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-21-2015, 05:15 PM

Most of the pics are dead now (must be a time sensitive link), but I've had the smoke ones installed on my bike for a couple years now

https://www.250r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1397

Still wish there were different colors available like AsianCycle offered.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-22-2015, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tadster00 View Post
Most of the pics are dead now (must be a time sensitive link), but I've had the smoke ones installed on my bike for a couple years now

https://www.250r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1397

Still wish there were different colors available like AsianCycle offered.
True they treated us very well, but these are close, and some spray paint can fix the rest maybe.

I was going to paint mine, but decided against it due to the chrome ones goes nicely with the OEM mufflers.

I would like to see MAD Hornets carry them in a paint ready, along with the CF, and chrome.
I will be emailing them my review, along with that and some other small suggestions

ZX-2R Photo gallery

I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
RIDE REPORT

Took is out tonight and they worked perfectly as planned.

They added nice illumination to the sides, even with the front of the bike while in running light mode(white).

In turn signal mode, along with the added flush mounts the're is a lot of amber light now, and the flush mount LEDs light up the sides nicely as well.

Overall I'm extremely satisfied with the modifications.

ZX-2R Photo gallery

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Took some pictures, they don't do the modifications any justice, but you get the idea, just know they are brighter IRL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6112274043870856482.jpg (103.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 6112274026093730786.jpg (124.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 6112274010933983266.jpg (131.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 6112273993605272162.jpg (114.9 KB, 12 views)

ZX-2R Photo gallery

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
More pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG2446_BURST001-MOTION.jpg (53.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG2444-MOTION.jpg (50.7 KB, 8 views)

ZX-2R Photo gallery

Sponsored Links
Advertisement