To jet or not to jet - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-13-2014, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

To jet or not to jet

So I have a 2009 250r. I ordered a factory pro stage 3 jet kit and k&n r-0990. I was also planning on ordering a yoshimura carbon full exhaust. Some financial issues popped up and now I gotta wait a couple months for the exhaust system. I already know I should wait but I wanna play with my new toys now. So should I jet or just wait?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-14-2014, 07:26 AM

Thumbs up

Nice! Sounds like your in for some fun! As much as it's going to drive you crazy I would wait until you have all the puzzle parts together? Absolutely though, jet it with these mods you plan (you bought some of the parts right?). Wait for 2 things, the rest of your parts and a bad weather day or week end where you can work on it and not miss any riding time. I like to ride when it's nice and maintain/ mod my bikes in poor weather. By waiting and doing it all at once, may save some time fine tuning the carbs twice etc. Mod it get it done right and ride it. :
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-14-2014, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

I live in Hawaii it's always nice . I also am a mechanic and own a small one man general repair shop so I work a lot and when I have down time i tinker with my toys. Current projects are a 1970 chevelle and a 1972 bronco. I restore classic cars and I used to work at a boat yard so carbs are a norm for me.

Black 2009 Ninja 250r
14/40 sprockets, factory pro stage 3 jet kit, k&n R-0990 w/ breather pod, spy 5000 alarm, air box delete, hot bodies fender eliminator, integrated taillight, led front blinkers, and hopefully soon Yoshimura carbon fiber full exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-14-2014, 12:06 PM

Just a little jealous here. I'm searching for a winter project right now! Did I say Winter? Buy the end of next month my bikes will be winterized and tucked away for 5-6 months. Have fun with your projects and I hope you get lots of down time!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-14-2014, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

Question on the headers that come with the full exhaust system. It's hard to tell by the pics and I was wondering if the are bigger diameter tubes and do they flow better? Or is it almost same as stock but just shiny? Ty for a reply

Black 2009 Ninja 250r
14/40 sprockets, factory pro stage 3 jet kit, k&n R-0990 w/ breather pod, spy 5000 alarm, air box delete, hot bodies fender eliminator, integrated taillight, led front blinkers, and hopefully soon Yoshimura carbon fiber full exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement