What mod do you think is best? - Page 4 - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-09-2014, 08:57 PM

Garage
Thank you for the compliment, and the cool part about modifications is there's always something you do,so your never really done with it.

Craig's List is an awesome place to look, also word of mouth too. You pick up an earlier model 250 or 500, and the best part is them and yours isn't that much different from each other , once you look behind all that plastic. Also as far as a project bike goes their easy to learn, work and get parts for.

But you have an awesome bike now, and don't let people tell you your gonna get bored with it, that's BS, the bike is quick and nibble in the twisties, and even faster than a bigger bike, once you've mastered the 250. As fas as people also saying, you cant go on Long touring trips, BS once again, I've personally logged over 700 miles of in day, and the best part is, 58mpg how the he'll do you bet that? A Prius, wtf I think not LOL

A.T.G.A.T.T so I may ride another day. www.rockthegear.org

ZX-2R Photo gallery

I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-10-2014, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Yea a lot of people do tell me that I will get bored with it quick. I tell them I might but I'm have a blast with it now. Sure I do wish I had a bigger bike. I have not mastered this one yet. I do go on dike rides that are over 300miles in one day. I keep up just fine. I mean the speed limit is 65 on most roads. The ninja will do that easy. Like you said 50+mpg is really good! And we look cooler then driving a Prius. LOL
Maybe I'll get a project bike in the future. I'd really like to get one that my son and I can work on together and then when he can drive he can just have it. He is only 5 right now so maybe I'll do one first and let him watch and then buy oe when he is 10 and work one it till he can drive it.
post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-10-2014, 01:08 PM

Garage
Take it from me, I've had big bore bikes in the past, when I was much younger, I've been to 170+, yes I know not too bright, but hey I was young LOL.

There is nothing that the 250 can't do, that a bigger bike does, except hit warp speeds. As a matter of fact in the twisties it out performs when the suspension is set up properly, and a skilled rider.

A fun project bike would be another older 250, so the learning curve will be easy for both of you, and knowledge you can apply to your bike as well.

A.T.G.A.T.T so I may ride another day. www.rockthegear.org

ZX-2R Photo gallery

I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement