Ninja 250 mod questions - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

Ninja 250 mod questions

So, I'm looking at doing some modifications to my 250R Ninja...and have a few questions I'd like to ask anyone who has done any of these themselves.

1. Rear Fender Eliminator - does this cause problems with spray? Like, am I gona have water sprayed up my back or something when riding in the wet?

2. Performance Muffler - Basically one that makes it sound cooler. Did you have any drop in fuel economy?

3. 150mm rear tire - Anyone done this? Did it affect power/economy?

Thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-15-2011, 04:22 AM

1. I purchased the Competition Werks fender eliminator and installed it myself. YES, when I ride on wet roads the tail light, license plate and rear seat get wet and dirty. My backpack will recieve a little water. The passenger's back will be damp.
2. I purchased the Area P full exhaust w/quiet core muffler. Makes the bike sound a lot better without the having to ride with ear plugs. I got the carbon-fiber one, it is way lighter than stock. You could buy just the slip-on, don't mess with the stock jetting and you might see a little gas mileage increase, but no drop in mileage. Maybe too, you could buy the K&N stock air filter replacement. Anyway, call the folks at Area P and see what they say. Call other exhaust companies too and compare.
3. I only increased to a 140/70 BT090 on my stock rim. Some friends jumped to a 150 and even 160 just for the looks. I've read, if you change the overall diameter of your rear tire, you will change final drive RPM's. I would guess, changing final drive RPM could change fuel economy up or down depending, but I don't think you'd notice the difference. But then, I'm not an expert in this area.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-15-2011, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allants View Post
1. I purchased the Competition Werks fender eliminator and installed it myself. YES, when I ride on wet roads the tail light, license plate and rear seat get wet and dirty. My backpack will recieve a little water. The passenger's back will be damp.
2. I purchased the Area P full exhaust w/quiet core muffler. Makes the bike sound a lot better without the having to ride with ear plugs. I got the carbon-fiber one, it is way lighter than stock. You could buy just the slip-on, don't mess with the stock jetting and you might see a little gas mileage increase, but no drop in mileage. Maybe too, you could buy the K&N stock air filter replacement. Anyway, call the folks at Area P and see what they say. Call other exhaust companies too and compare.
3. I only increased to a 140/70 BT090 on my stock rim. Some friends jumped to a 150 and even 160 just for the looks. I've read, if you change the overall diameter of your rear tire, you will change final drive RPM's. I would guess, changing final drive RPM could change fuel economy up or down depending, but I don't think you'd notice the difference. But then, I'm not an expert in this area.
Awesome, thanks, that was helpful! Yeah, I was only planning to swap the muffler, not the whole exhaust system...sounds like it isn't a big job.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement