Danmoto slip on. - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-29-2014, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Post Danmoto slip on.

Hello all, I am doing this for those of us that are not able to spend 300-500 on exhaust.

I have only been riding a very short time and wasn't able to find many reviews on this brand of exhaust. The reviews I have read didn't often review the exhaust every "x" amount of miles. So, I have decided to make an attempt at reviewing this exhaust even though I am only 12 days and 'bout 1150 miles into riding.

I paid 145.87 shipped to my door (shipping is free depending on location).I ordered my JISU exhaust on the 21st of July '14. My package arrived on the 25th of July '14 with 2 sets of springs, a metal strap (that you bend for exhaust) with the rubber piece (that I did not use) and the adapter (from pipe to slip on).

As other reviews I have read, my product was wrapped very well and was a pain to unwrap. Also the stock bolt did not fit the metal hanger, so I improvised because I don't have a file. I took the bolt and nut from the metal band that held the stock exhaust on. I then shaped the metal hanger band to the exhaust so it would be positioned properly when installed(minor scratches cause I did not use the "high" temp rubber to protect from scratches and vibration most likely. Putting the JISU on was 10x's easier than taking off the stock exhaust.

After installed it has a nice deep tone to it, "throaty" as others have reported. Personally, I always ride with ear plugs in so I didn't realized how big of a difference in sound till I changed my plugs. I am in my garge plugs in fairings back on. I bring the choke back to warm the bike and decide It may be better for my ears to turn the bike around and face it out the arage door. It does get higher pitch which was expected because of it being a 250.

I acceleration seemed similar to before but it does seem to have just a little bit more push which is nice but not to much needed cause I am still begining.

The down shift sound amazing though. I have only put about 150 on the exhaust and I will update in about 200 miles. Being not the high quality like other slip ons Danmoto suggests to check the packing with a flashlight to make sure it is not coming out.

Per DaBlue and TurtleSE I should Jet or at the least shim my carbs. So I will also update if I do this and a noticeable difference is made.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-30-2014, 05:37 AM Thread Starter

So, I have not had my carb looked at yet though the bike seems to be riding good. The exhaust is still doing great after about 200 miles now. One review I read on this exhaust is that it went bad after only 3 weeks. I am not sure how many miles the rider went or their riding style. I am at high rpms to and from work since I am on curvy backroads. So if it does wear, it will be sooner than later. enjoy cruising in 6th at 35-40mph. The bike sounds nice and deep compared to the stock. Although my take off is a little slow, the bike likes to zip off after bout 3000-4000rpm
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-30-2014, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownin View Post
.... Although my take off is a little slow, the bike likes to zip off after bout 3000-4000rpm
That's normal as there is little power just off idle. You should be launching closer to 3k rpms anyway, this almost guarantees no stalling and enough power to pull away from a stop. Anything between idle and 3k is useless.

Cruising at low speeds in 5th is better, as the bike has a 1:1 overall gear ratio.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-30-2014, 06:40 AM Thread Starter

Before I did any of my mod's, I was able to take of between 1500-2000 with out stalling and only needed to hit 3000 or more on a steeper incline.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-04-2014, 04:20 AM Thread Starter

I have put about 400 miles on at high rpm and the packing seems to be doing fine. I will post again when and at how many miles the exhaust needed to be repacked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement