Any opinions on Danmoto jisu exhaust?? - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 10:23 AM Thread Starter

Question Any opinions on Danmoto jisu exhaust??

I have heard really good things about the danmoto jisu and titanium and I have heard really bad things about this pipe. I have pusrchased the jisu cause of my current budget and plan to get something nicer in the future. So far the customer service is good. I ordered it on the 21st and is due this Saturday the 26th.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 10:37 AM

You get what you pay for. Read all you can about how to install the hanger strap It takes a little shaping to get it to fit.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

I understand this is a cheap product but I need to be heard. I have almost been hit or run off the road. I have a green vest with retro-reflective stripes on it that I put on my backpack and a bright white w/ red sleeves jacket I wear.

I am not sure if I read it on this forum or another, though when the fiber glass goes bad and I need to re-pack the muffler I read the re-pack can be a steel wool type material . Is this correct? Also what is 15/43 the diameter and tooth count of the sprocket?

Also, DaBlue the reviews on the hurricane air filter, Iridium plugs and liks to the carberator specs are extremely helpful. Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownin View Post
I understand this is a cheap product but I need to be heard. I have almost been hit or run off the road. I have a green vest with retro-reflective stripes on it that I put on my backpack and a bright white w/ red sleeves jacket I wear.

I am not sure if I read it on this forum or another, though when the fiber glass goes bad and I need to re-pack the muffler I read the re-pack can be a steel wool type material . Is this correct? Also what is 15/43 the diameter and tooth count of the sprocket?

Also, DaBlue the reviews on the hurricane air filter, Iridium plugs and liks to the carburetor specs are extremely helpful. Thank you

Your issue is not being heard, it's being seen.

The muffler can probably be repacked, but should be done correctly with pre-formed muffler packing. Carbon fiber cans maybe a little more fragile to do. 10 Things you need to know about muffler packing

15/43 is the number of teeth on the front and rear sprockets. They have a ratio of 2.87.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 01:47 PM

Can't give a opinion on the exhaust, but to be heard, a louder horn makes a huge difference. It's more about being seen, of course.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 03:08 PM

Be seen, be heard, be safe. I have no problems with loud pipes. I ride my ZX600 to work every day and it's not that loud,stock pipes, I also wear an Icon Military Spec Hi Viz yellow vest. I also have hi viz red and yellow gloves. My lane was moving a little faster on the freeway than the others so this guy right beside decides he wants in, no shoulder check! It was way to close had to throw out the anchor and swerve to avoid it! If they aren't gonna look then they aren't gonna see you? Maybe loud pipes would have made him look? I will never know?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2014, 09:07 PM

I really don't have the problem very often of other drivers trying to merge into me. Stay in their mirrors, or next to them where they can see you, be conscious of blind spots, and I have a loud horn that has been heard every time I've needed it.

Although, I don't consistently ride on extremely busy highways, but when I do and when I have, I always put those general guidelines into very good use. It eliminates as much of the fault as could be given to the motorcyclist in a situation like that.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2014, 12:07 AM

Those are very good rules to follow and stick to and I do! It was just one of those situations in slow moving traffic on the freeway that my lane was going slightly faster, and it's difficult to stay out of everyone's blindspot. He just pulled out as I was about to pass, no shoulder check, I took evasive moves and reacted before he hit me. Then yes he got the horn and a few choice words. . I just wonder in circumstances like these if a louder exhaust would have got him to shoulder check or made him take a look?

Last edited by TurtleSE; 07-26-2014 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Additional info.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Well, I have the exhaust on now. I guess I will find out if it helps any. I do my best to keep out of blind spots and are always checking my mirrors as well as in front of me. just this last Saturday the 26th I was in the process of changing lanes into an exit only lane that is also an on ramp and was already 5 over at 60mph. I looked down the ramp three times and noticed a vehicle the 3rd time approximately 2/10 miles back just entering the ramp that I thought was doing the speed limit. I sped up bout 5 mph faster just to be safe. When I entered the lane and checked my rear view only to see this 350z nissan's front bumper about to kiss me. There was a car to my left passing me after my lane change so I could go left and the slight decline of loose dirt and grass that would have tossed me anyway so the only thing I could do is be prepaired to get hit and try to relax my body while speeding up. I am lucky that he swerved to the right at the last second. When he changed lanes the guy wouldn't even look at me, just straight ahead. With me at 65mph, there is no way he was going under 80mph. Not sure why people need to go over the speed limit on an on-ramp. I have the feeling he was more than likely texting or something of the sort. I had a neon green vest with the retroflective tape on it wrapped around my bag and was using my signals(arm and blinker). Just happy to not be in the hospital. I understand that any day on the bike could be a last day, though I would prefer it to be me doing something dumb and fun than someone being stupid and unsafe.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2014, 05:38 PM

Unfortunately, if you love to ride, there are inherent risks! Enjoy every ride! Ride like everybody is trying to kill you! Wear your gear all the time! Replacing sweat is cheap! Replacing skin is painful or worse. Don't take crazy risks! Be seen! Be heard! Be safe! I ride pretty much every day to work on the residential streets and on the freeway. The more you ride the better you can anticipate situations on your bike. Don't think that your never gonna go down, because you just might, I have(twice). Nothing is guaranteed. I'm gonna quote my good friend here! " There are fast riders and there are old riders! There ain't any old fast riders". Ride safe!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement