2009 ninja 250r (blue) for sale-pennsylvania - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 04:03 AM Thread Starter

2009 ninja 250r (blue) for sale-pennsylvania

I may be selling my 2009 Ninja 250 R. It has under 500 miles on it.

I just got it a few months ago and now that I am comfortable with it, I want a different bike now...lol, maybe a 500?

Anyways, the first week I got her, I was at a stand still and went to turn to look at my husband behind me and dropped the bike. I was still learning..lol The bike was not moving when this happened. I was on an sideways incline and lost balance. It has a tiny, tiny scratch, a tiny scuff on rt handle and a small tiny dent on exhaust. I bought her new from the dealership right off the truck and was the first in my area locally to obtain a 2009.

She is blue and gorgeous. Anyone interested locally in Pennsylvania? I have thought about trading it in at the place I bought it from.
I am asking $4900.

Last edited by Platinum_blonde38; 11-13-2008 at 04:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 04:16 AM Thread Starter

Last edited by Platinum_blonde38; 11-13-2008 at 05:48 PM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 08:08 AM

$4900?? The retail is $3999. And it's scratched up a little bit?? You either got ripped or you're trying to rip. If you want it gone... price it that way. IMO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddytrox View Post
$4900?? The retail is $3999. And it's scratched up a little bit?? You either got ripped or you're trying to rip. If you want it gone... price it that way. IMO
When people sell new bikes, they include the cost of some of the extra fee's they had to pay the dealer. I'm pretty certain when all was said and done, it cost her more than $4,900 from the dealership. Taxes, license fees, shipping fees etc all get tacked onto the sticker price. There's also a good chance the 2009's are sold out in her area, so asking above retail is common practice when that happens. Minor scuffs aren't a big deal and are more often than not expected on a Ninja 250.

And IMO, if you're going to give someone a hard time about their asking price, do it via PM or email. That's how I do it when I see a '08+ 250 for sale on Craigslist for more than $4,500.

Good luck with the sell PB, let us know if you get a 500.

https://www.250r.net/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2&dateline=1217136591

If you feel like you've outgrown your 250, you've probably outgrown your helmet too.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 02:34 PM

Gosh I've only been on street bikes since 2004 and I know there's a lot more to know... Have you done any track days...? 500 miles seems to me like a very minimal amount of seat time to have gained such confidence... I would suggest trying something like this out especially if the organizer offers a newbie school of some sort with class time and coaching...

Come and play.. Come and play...
Forget about the movement...!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement