Riding with a passenger. - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014, 07:57 AM Thread Starter

Riding with a passenger.

OK now I've been riding for about 2 years now and just wondering how comfortable everyone is riding with a passenger? I never have and my girls been bugging me to take her for a ride.. Is it weird that I'm nervous about it?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014, 01:44 PM

You will be fine. Just be safe. There are some that prefer not to take the risk of an additional rider but that is up to you.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014, 03:43 PM

As soon i got my bike i told the dealer take off everything that has to do with having a passenger

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Local Forum Asshole!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2014, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

I did that myself haha that's been my excuse now, that and my girls got no gear so I told her not till she's got at least a helmet

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 11:50 AM

one big thing that helps when riding with a passenger is that they turn their head the same direction as you. If you're turning left, they need to look left. And right, right. It seems like a little thing, but you've got two riders on there and the balance is key. They don't need to lean into the turn with, just turning their head and sitting upright is enough. Too much weight shifting on their part could cause you to wobble a bit. Any time I take a passenger, I spend maybe 5 minutes just explaining everything to them.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-19-2014, 09:41 AM

I prefer not to have passengers but I will do it occasionally. Teach her how to get on properly first. Once your on and have stabilized the bike signal her to put one foot on a rear peg while holding on to your shoulders with both hands then she can swing her other leg over to the other peg. Make sure your combined weight is not more than 375 lbs? These bikes aren't meant to handle much more. She needs gear! No shorts and sandals, please. Loving means having a high regard for her safety!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadster00 View Post
one big thing that helps when riding with a passenger is that they turn their head the same direction as you. If you're turning left, they need to look left. And right, right. It seems like a little thing, but you've got two riders on there and the balance is key. They don't need to lean into the turn with, just turning their head and sitting upright is enough. Too much weight shifting on their part could cause you to wobble a bit. Any time I take a passenger, I spend maybe 5 minutes just explaining everything to them.

This a thousand times. My boyfriend, who currently rides a 636, takes me on rides every other day. Our first couple times weren't bad, but you could tell something was a little off. We like to go pretty fast and ride with a group so whipping around corners was necessary (...*cough*fun*cough*), but if I leaned too hard or turned my head too suddenly he would feel it. We buckled down and got some sound advice from other riders. Hands on the tank for support, back stays with the bike, and leave enough room to turn your head left or right with the turn. If you planning with riding with her more often than not, then I recommend finding some clear roads/turns for her to practice with you then signal her whenever it was good one. Also, good on you for keeping her off until she has a helmet/gear. I worry a little bit for people who let their passengers do otherwise.

Last edited by ktard; 06-12-2014 at 10:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement