what's your winter plans? - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-19-2013, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

what's your winter plans?

Just checking to see what other forum members are planning to do with or to their "little Ninja's" this winter? I'm planning a total rebuild of mine I picked up a 2000 for $600 off of Craigslist this last summer but didn't have time to tinker with it at all.I'm having rotator cuff surgery in a week and a half so I'll have a little time to do some tinkering even with one arm.
I had two neck surgery's a few years ago and i wasn't suppose to do anything then either but, I wound up rebuilding two 500 ninja's that I had completely from frame up all while not suppose to lift more than 5lbs while in a neck brace.So I'm going to try and restrain myself from to much strenuous work but I'm not the sort of guy who can sit around.I'm not very computer savvy as I mentioned before but I'll get pics of my bike and mods/repairs as I do them.
Anyway lets hear from some other members on your winter plans/upgrades.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-19-2013, 06:11 PM

I ride my 250 all year, I did just tint my brake light and rear turn signals though

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-19-2013, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Very cool "Tattootedloser84", thanks for getting the ball rolling.What year is your Ninja?
All year that is some iron man stuff right there,I'm betting it gets a little cold in PA. in the winter.I know it does here in Minnesota.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-19-2013, 09:47 PM

Mine is getting a full track build for the 2014 race season. Picked it up off Craigslist for $750 and have gotten backing for the next year from Race Tech to build my suspension. The entire bike is going on a diet of any weight that is not essential to making the bike run. All of this was planned to have been started already but I had a bad lowside at Blackhawk Farms Raceway on Sept. 21 which shattered my right ankle. So for now the work is anything I can do while wheeling myself around on a garage stool, lol.

Once that bike is built then I'll look into rebuilding my wrecked R6

CCS & MCRA #81

2010 YZF-R6
2009 YZF-R6
2010 250R
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-20-2013, 06:39 AM

It's an 05, I actually live in De now just couldn't get my info changed on the app. Weather isn't much different here then Pa though.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-20-2013, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

Mercenary hope your ankle heals up soon.Spent quite a few days at Blackhawk,I have a friend of mine that lives just a couple miles away from there and we used to rent the track out once a month for a sportbike club around the year 2000 for a couple of years.Had alot of fun there.I'll come watch you race if it's an open weekend for me.
I am going to be bugging you for info on your build just so you know.I"m giving my SV650 a freshening up this winter for the 14' season.
$750 a good price on a 10' model.How bad did the R6 get it?
Tattoo keep us posted on any other upgrades or news on your 05' brother,and ride safe in DE.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-20-2013, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapple View Post
Mercenary hope your ankle heals up soon.Spent quite a few days at Blackhawk,I have a friend of mine that lives just a couple miles away from there and we used to rent the track out once a month for a sportbike club around the year 2000 for a couple of years.Had alot of fun there.I'll come watch you race if it's an open weekend for me.
I am going to be bugging you for info on your build just so you know.I"m giving my SV650 a freshening up this winter for the 14' season.
$750 a good price on a 10' model.How bad did the R6 get it?
Tattoo keep us posted on any other upgrades or news on your 05' brother,and ride safe in DE.
Probably won't be back at BFR next year, finances, bike repair, injury recovery, and family will limit me to MCRA only next year and track days at Heartland Park.

To answer your question the R6 needs everything except engine, frame, suspension, rims, and controls.

CCS & MCRA #81

2010 YZF-R6
2009 YZF-R6
2010 250R
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-20-2013, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

I can deffinetly relate to that, the R6 should be a quick fix except for the cost involved in new body work and paint unless you do your own painting.It's good the hard parts are all intact that's always good news.Have you ever signed up at Lockhart Phillips team Privateer? put in your resume.They were one of my sponsors in the beginning and it helped me out.Race-tech is awesome I use their products very good stuff as well.
who's body work you going with? I'm a Hotbodies user for my race bike(second set anyway) first set was destroyed when I crashed out leading a trophy dash race in turn 8 at BIR.All part of the gotta pay to play asspect of racing but you know that.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-20-2013, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapple View Post
I can deffinetly relate to that, the R6 should be a quick fix except for the cost involved in new body work and paint unless you do your own painting.It's good the hard parts are all intact that's always good news.Have you ever signed up at Lockhart Phillips team Privateer? put in your resume.They were one of my sponsors in the beginning and it helped me out.Race-tech is awesome I use their products very good stuff as well.
who's body work you going with? I'm a Hotbodies user for my race bike(second set anyway) first set was destroyed when I crashed out leading a trophy dash race in turn 8 at BIR.All part of the gotta pay to play asspect of racing but you know that.
Never did the Lockhart Phillips sign up, never really heard of it. I use Hotbodies for the contingency and will next year to use some certificates. The R6 rebuild is on hold until the 250 is done since that's the only class I'll race next year.

CCS & MCRA #81

2010 YZF-R6
2009 YZF-R6
2010 250R
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-20-2013, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

sounds good I know a few guys that sold their SV's to go to the 250 ninja class and they will never go to a bigger bike after racing in it.
Way more cost effective than bigger bikes.And just as much fun they say.
I'll do the same if I find a good cheap 08'-12' model.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement