Ninja 250 vs. Honda - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

Ninja 250 vs. Honda

Ok, it's not quite the Honda you were all thinking; it's a Honda scooter: http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/126/89...inja-250R.aspx. I think this is a pretty cool review since there are some times when I think a scooter would be all I need to do the few errands I have. But the Ninja 250 is more versatile in places like Southern California. Both modes of transport have their merits. Which side are you on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 09:46 PM

Obviously as an owner of a 250R I'm definitely biased. I would say in Souther California where it is pretty dificult to get from point A to point B without being on a highway or freeway... I would take the 250R over a scooter any day. I didn't read the whole article but my understanding is that the top speed on scooters is usually much slower. That being said, not sure if it would be safe on anything other than in town trips.

09' SE Ninja 250R
Shogun crash kit, Sato Racing bar ends, Pazzo shorty levers, Puig DB screen, Proton flushmounts, Luimoto seat covers, Fender Eliminator w/ LED signals and plate light, Progrip 725 black/green grips, Immortal Graphix Monster tank pad
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-21-2011, 01:38 PM

I don't see it often, but I've seen scooters of that size on highways in SoCal. I've also seen much bigger scooters (like 500cc and up) doing upwards of 70mph around here, so scooters can definitely manage. Overall, I'd agree with you though. A ninja 250 makes more sense in Los Angeles and other big metropolitan areas, but in somewhere like San Francisco I think I'd take a scooter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 05:27 PM

I'd have to agree with the general consensus here. For big metropolitan areas, the Ninja 250 is the better choice over a scooter, but in a city like San Francisco, scooters are just fine. That's usually why you see a lot of scooters in Europe; they're more practical.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement