Jet kit and pipe - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

Jet kit and pipe

I am going to get a jet kit and most likely a 2 bros slip on. I am open to any and all advice and or suggestions. I have 1500 miles on an 08 250r. So little miles cause i bought it from a friend the laid it down at 750 miles and his wife would not let him on it again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 05:52 PM

my opinion - why spend money for simple sound with a slip on when you can unleash the mighty power of the 250 with a full system (there's some sarcasm in there)

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Yeah i hear ya on the monster inside this lil mini machine. I did not think there was anymore to unleash after a slip on and a jet kit. for the money is it that big a difference between a slip on and a full exhaust?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 07:58 PM

IMHO
-its the header that brings the power not the can. The can just makes sound. Jetting with a stock pipe will help with power. Jetting with a slip on will add power from the jetting and add sound with the slip on. With a full system along with less restriction you'll lose 14lbs of weight or so as well which helps with the power to weight ratio. Every little bit counts.
-Now with money and basic mods you can get the ninja from 27hp up to say 30hp. Do you think adding a couple hp is worth it? Do you think it will be noticeable? Nothing done to our bikes will make a big difference. Noticeable yes but remember we're not starting off with much in the first place.
-If it was me and I was going to spend a couple hundred for only sound then I would spend a couple hundred more to get some added power and weight loss to complement that sound. And jetting would then be mandatory.

p.s. Yoshimura For The Win!!!

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 03:13 PM

Interesting read. Thanks for the share.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement