What gear should I get? - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

What gear should I get?

I am buying a 2009 ninja 250 this week and i want to know what kind of jacket i should get. Because im new to sport bikes im not sure if i should get a leather jack but they are $$. What do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013, 11:50 AM

You could go with a less-expensive textile jacket and pants, and save the leather for your gloves. As long your body gear has it has CE-approved armor and decent abrasion protection (Kevlar, leather or "ballistic nylon"), you'll be pretty well protected, and more comfortable in warm weather than you would be with leather.

I use a Tourmaster Intake 2 jacket and Shadow Scorcher Mesh 2 pants, which are budget items that are well-made. I wear the pants over my street pants. These work well in warm weather without the liners, and also keep me warm in cold weather with the liners (and the jacket quilting) installed.

For boots, I use New Balance walking shoes, because they cost less than $100 and are comfortable for walking, which a lot of riding shoes aren't.

Yo ought to use a full-face helmet that is at least DOT approved, and leather or Kevlar gloves.

A good idea is to get some of that ultra-high visibility colors on your jacket or helmet. Although some guys think it looks lame, drivers will see you coming from a mile away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement